Principal Product Manager, MarTech
About the role
We are seeking an exceptional Marketing Technologies Principal Product Manager to join our high performing product team. As a Principal Product Manager, you will bring your extensive experience and deep expertise to lead the development and management of our marketing technology stack and strategic SaaS services. You will drive innovation, enable marketing spend optimization, and partner with our marketing teams to shape the future of our marketing data and technology strategy. You'll be responsible for developing the strategy and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for marketing products, services, and initiatives. This role is tailored for an accomplished professional who has a proven track record of delivering transformative marketing technology initiatives at an industry-leading level.
We’re looking for a product leader who wants to work on real problems that affect real people. You’re curious and relentless in pursuit of operational efficiency and help define solutions, create investment business cases, and be a key partner in helping to scale a company. You are able to visualize member needs and develop a strategy that optimizes resources while balancing marketing and technology needs. You have deep empathy but can effectively prioritize with limited resources. You have a growth mindset and want to be challenged. You have a high bar and want to be a difference-maker in the organization. You’ll bring a sense of urgency that matches the incredible opportunity we have ahead of us.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $188,500 and up to $267,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute a forward-thinking marketing technology strategy that aligns with our business objectives and positions us as a leader in the industry. Identify emerging trends, assess market dynamics, and recommend innovative technologies to enhance our marketing capabilities.
- Product Leadership: Take ownership of the entire product lifecycle, from ideation to implementation. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product roadmaps, prioritize features, and ensure successful execution. Champion a customer-centric approach to deliver exceptional user experiences and maximize value.
- Technology Evaluation and Integration: Evaluate, select, and integrate cutting-edge marketing technologies, ensuring seamless interoperability and data flow between different platforms. Stay abreast of industry developments, partner with marketing to vet new vendors and forge strategic partnerships to drive continuous improvement. Build product investment business cases to help guide strategic decision making.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Partner closely with marketing teams, executives, and other key stakeholders to understand their needs, align technology solutions, and drive adoption. Leverage your deep understanding of marketing technology to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance.
- Innovation and Experimentation: Foster a culture of innovation by enabling experimentation, A/B testing, and agile methodologies. Continuously partner with Marketing to explore emerging technologies, conduct feasibility studies, and spearhead proof-of-concepts to evaluate their potential impact.
- Data driven decision: Enable key performance metrics for marketing performance by partnering with data and analytics teams to derive actionable insights and optimization of marketing campaigns
- Leadership and Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, fostering their professional growth. Act as a subject matter expert, sharing industry knowledge, best practices, and insights to drive excellence across the organization.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience as a Product Manager, with a focus on marketing technologies.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and delivering large-scale marketing technology initiatives, ideally in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of marketing technologies and platforms, including CRM, marketing automation, measurement and attribution analytics, personalization, bid optimization, media ad platforms, content management, and AI-driven solutions.
- Expertise in data privacy regulations and compliance, with the ability to navigate complex data governance requirements.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable marketing technology strategies.
- Strong analytical mindset, proficient in analyzing complex data sets, deriving insights, and making data-driven decisions.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in driving innovation, championing new technologies, and fostering a culture of experimentation.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.