Senior Post-Sales Strategy Manager
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our GTM Operations team as Sr. Sales Strategy for our Corporations or Venture Capital business lines. This team includes operations, strategy and enablement and works closely to drive revenue, efficiency and the customer experience.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You will help us
- Constantly improve our sales strategy and execution through data, insights, strategy and process
- Equip our sales leaders and executives with the insights to make key investment and people decisions
Key responsibilities of this role
- Drive the operational cadence to amplify sales
- Define/refine the cascade of metrics to review, in coordination with sales, GTM and ops partners
- Coordinate weekly reviews of sales metrics and sales commits
- Deliver executive-level visibility and updates
- Proactively evaluate, assess and optimize strategies to improve sales strategy and execution:
- Develop recommendations for optimal sales coverage and segmentation models, routing/ROE, compensation plans, hiring plans and sales strategies to accelerate growth
- Proactively ideate, support decision-making and executive initiatives that drive revenue / pipeline acceleration to achieve or exceed plan
- Lead segment strategy, territory carve, quota setting
- Maintain forecast model and process (e.g., logos, ACVs, segments) in coordination with sales operations and finance
- Analyze external market data, TAM and market conditions to inform strategy
Partners and Stakeholders
- Sales teams and GTM leaders (your stakeholders)
- Sales AE and SDR leaders
- GTM leaders in marketing/demand gen and business development
- In our broader GTM Ops org (your team partners)
- GTM enablement
- Marketing, CS/Delivery, Sales and Business Development Operations
- In our broader GTM org (your GTM partners)
- Business Technology leads Salesforce administration, QTC and system-to-system integrations
- Additional partners with SOPS (your Company partners)
- Deal desk - partner with finance
- Incentive compensation - finance
- Cross-functional communication
- Experience leading Sales Strategy at scale for SaaS companies
- Experience with mix of high-volume, low ACV models and high-value strategic accounts is a plus
- In-depth understanding of overall business operations and excellent project management skills; a track record of working with multiple stakeholders across the business to build consensus and drive decisions.
- Experience leveraging data and a modern data stack to drive improvements throughout the sales funnel
- Sharp attention to detail and analysis; strong communication skills.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $180,000 - $210,000 in San Francisco, CA
- $180,000 - $210,000 in New York, NY
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.