Account Executive, First Time Fund Manager
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're looking for a talented Account Executive to join our First Time Fund Manager Sales team. This segment partners with emerging venture fund managers aiming to launch their first fund and partner with us. With our highly skilled fund administrators, proprietary technology platform, and specific formation services we are uniquely qualified to service this customer segment.
As a Venture Capital Account Executive focusing on first time fund managers, you will work very closely with the Pre-Close team to ensure we support our customers through their fundraising process. Additionally, you’ll work to introduce clients to our wide range of product offerings, including custodial services, portfolio management, reporting and analytics, investor management, investor portal, valuations, and data collection. These Carta services include selling consultative access to our team of Carta fund administration accountants who support funds quarterly reporting needs. We offer tech-focused investor portals to both the fund GPs/Admins and also their investors/LPs.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to first time fund managers
- Demonstrate an ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing contracts
- Intellectually curious, fast learner
- Articulate, poised, and concise
- Competitive and driven to achieve goals
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, institutional investing, or wealth management preferred
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $185,000 OTE in New York, New York
- $185,000 OTE in San Francisco, California
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.