Senior Venture Deals Associate - Vauban
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Vauban by Carta is simplifying access to Venture Capital by providing angel investors, startup founders, and emerging fund managers the tools and infrastructure needed through our online admin platform. Whether you are creating a deal by deal syndicate, pooling angel investors into a SPV, or launching your first Venture Capital fund - our platform helps you setup and raise from investors in just a few clicks. You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest. We have been trusted by angel investors and large Venture Capital firms alike to create over 500 funds & SPVs to date, onboarded over 6,000 investors and transacted over $1bn in capital. We are not stopping there - In 2022, Vauban officially joined the Carta team; Vauban was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and found a shared vision at Carta whose mission is to create more owners. Read more about our shared vision here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- We are at the intersection of law, regulation, tax and finance: how do you deliver exceptional customer experience without the complexity or red tape that your competitors hide behind?
- Turning professional services into products is challenging: how do you productize our intellectual property so that we can deliver the fastest solution with even higher quality outcomes?
- We automate investment structures in Venture Capital: how can you scale processes so that each container is as seamless and fun to use as the last one created?
The Impact You’ll Have
You will have the opportunity to structure deals on behalf of the most talented venture capitalists, fund managers and dealmakers in the world. You will help them realize their ambitions of supporting the companies of tomorrow through our next-gen investment stack (including legals, vehicle formation, banking, investor onboarding and much more).
- 3+ year of professional experience in Law, Venture Capital or Alternative Investments (plus ideally a post-graduate qualification)
- Client success sparks joy! You are pro-active and resourceful in delivering positive outcomes every single day
- High attention to detail: written and quantitative. You must be confident navigating your way around complex legal documents (ideally funds-related)
- Organized and calm under pressure, you are able to manage competing demands on your time, whilst persevering to solve ambiguous problems
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Venture Capital: you intimately understand the pressures facing our clients and are ready to roll up your sleeves in a fast paced environment
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $97,200.00 - $116,000.00 in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Something looks off?