Compliance Operations Manager
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
About The Role:
Bluevine is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Legal and Compliance team.
As a Compliance Operations Manager, you will be responsible to manage compliance operations internally and with sponsor banks, test controls/ processes and work closely with other teams to provide support on compliance issues. The ideal candidate is analytical, results driven, thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and has prior banking experience.
Primary Job responsibilities:
- 5+ years of experience at a banking institution managing compliance activities
- Manage sponsor bank partner operations for ongoing compliance, testing needs, reporting and escalations as applicable
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all policies and compliance management system
- Provide ongoing compliance support to product, risk, marketing and other operational groups as needed.
- Provide support for external audits, diligence requests and any regulatory examinations
- Maintain all compliance policies, change management and ensure adherence of all requirements
- Develop metrics and KPIs to monitor compliance with applicable requirements.
- Assist business units resolve compliance issues cited through compliance monitoring, external or internal audits
- Develop reporting dashboards for senior management
- Provide cross-functional support to business units on different compliance areas, policies and procedures.
- Build, scale and implement new compliance initiatives and programs as needed and applicable;
- Coordinate with various business teams for information and required data elements necessary for internal control testing.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a relevant related role
- Banking and BSA experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of AML/BSA, ECOA/Reg B, ACH, UDAAP, FCRA, and related laws
- Be highly motivated and be able work individually and as part of a team
- Prior managerial experience required
- Very strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- The ability to self-motivate and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, patterns and business solutions
- Have excellent written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
New Hire Base Salary Range: $93,600.00 to $112,300.00
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities