Sr. Performance Copywriter
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
Bluevine's Marketing Team is the engine powering our digital presence, navigating the diverse landscape of search, social, programmatic, display, video, and affiliates. Our mission is straightforward: drive customer acquisition, retention, and cross-selling efforts to meet and exceed growth targets.
As a small but critical arm of the larger marketing team, the Copy & Content Team is responsible for supporting messaging development and bringing that messaging to life across various channels. This role will serve as an acquisition and performance marketing expert, and use that knowledge to create impactful assets that capture the attention of a small business audience—and convert prospects to customers.
Our strategic and execution-oriented approach involves continuous testing of new channels and strategies to enhance acquisition funnel experiences. We also play a vital role in supporting product launches and implementing cross-channel media strategies.
What you’ll do
- Write performance-focused marketing copy that drives awareness, engagement, and conversion
- Bring expertise and a point of view on what works to acquire small business customers
- Understand how small business owners think and the best way to get our message across to them
- Collaborate with the growth marketing team, our SEO agency, and cross-functional partners on paid, social, direct, TV, and radio assets
- Perform keyword, market, and competitor research to inform copy strategy
- Develop and track alternate versions of assets for ongoing testing and implementation
- Keep Bluevine’s tone of voice consistent across channels
What we look for
- 5+ years of copywriting experience, specifically in performance marketing
- 3+ years of marketing experience to small business audience, preferably in finance/banking
- Genuine interest and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills
- Proven copy chops for paid, social, direct, TV, and radio channels
- Ability to use feedback and test data to elevate copy
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Alignment with Bluevine’s values
- Experience writing TV and radio scripts
- Project management skills
- Previous experience working in highly regulated environments, like fintech
New Hire Base Salary Range: $90,800-$109,000
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities