Sr. Analyst, Paid Media
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Analyst, Paid Media will be responsible for owning end-to-end campaign analytics for paid initiatives. He/She will play a pivotal role in monitoring all campaigns from setting KPIs to tracking performance; providing in-depth reporting, and recommendations for optimization.
This role is a hands-on, individual contributor within the Growth Marketing Team. He/she will work with the Marketing team and cross functionally to ensure data integrity and alignment. We are looking for a pro-active, passionate individual who will act as a key partner for the organization to achieve its paid media goals.
Key attributes include expertise in marketing analytics and testing platforms, strong problem solving and performance optimization skills, and hands-on experience with business intelligence tools.
Join a team where strategy meets action and success is all measured in tangible outcomes.
Bluevine's Marketing Team is the engine powering our digital presence, navigating the diverse landscape of Search, Social, Programmatic, Display, Video, Direct Mail, and Radio. Our mission is straightforward: drive customer acquisition, retention, and cross-selling efforts to meet and exceed growth targets.
The team's strategic and execution-oriented approach involves continuous testing of new channels and strategies with proficiency in multi-touch attribution, A/B testing, and measurement techniques to ensure optimal campaign performance. Constant cross-functional collaboration with Marketing Analytics, Website and Content, Product Marketing, Product Dev, Business Operations, Risk, Finance, and Sales teams, to enhance acquisition funnel experiences and with design and content teams to create response-driving and on-brand creatives.
Together, the team works towards the strategic development, execution, and optimization of paid digital media channels, ensuring alignment with key performance indicators such as Customer Growth, Revenue, ROI, and Profitability.
The team plays a vital role in bolstering product launches, events, and various enterprise initiatives by implementing cross-channel media strategies. Their expertise extends beyond the broader vision to skillfully handle intricate tactical details. Committed to perpetual optimization, staying abreast of industry trends, and agile adaptation to emerging technologies in the financial services sector, they stand as an invaluable asset in realizing Bluevine's mission and driving effective marketing for small businesses.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own daily, weekly, and monthly analytics and reporting for our paid media acquisition campaigns across our all channels including Paid Search (Google, Bing), Paid Social (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), Display, Programmatic, Video, OOH, and Radio.
- Create performance dashboards and visualizations as well as ad hoc reports identifying trends and opportunities for optimization.
- Translate complicated data into digestible presentations for all levels of the organization from Growth Team members to C-Suite executives.
- Work with the Marketing team on setting achievable KPIs while consistently monitoring performance. Make recommendations for campaign adjustments in order to meet/exceed our budget goals.
- Implement A/B and multi-variant testing plus other optimization techniques to drive improvements. Analyze tests from start to finish to ensure tests are set up correctly and results are measurable. Make recommendations on rollout and/or next steps.
- Understand how Organic traffic and how it interacts with paid campaigns tracking organic performance along with paid initiatives.
- Own channel attribution working with attrition tools to assign proper credit to channels within the conversion funnel.
- Understand Bluevine’s customer segments and the behavior of each. Leverage analytics to find opportunities within each segment.
- Connect funnel analytics and campaign KPIs to tell a holistic story for each program
- Partner with cross-functional analytical teams including Business Operations, Business Intelligence, and Engineering to understand customer behavior trends and develop new strategies
- Align with agencies and external partners on campaign setup, testing, and tracking.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing analytics role with a focus on paid media acquisition
- 3+ years of experience at technology companies (Financial Services a plus)
- Bachelor's Degree required / Advanced Degree preferred
- A proven expert in understanding how paid media can generate demand for a high-growth business
- Deep understanding of Digital Marketing channels (SEO, SEM, Display, Retargeting, Video, Paid Social, and Radio) & Growth Analytics (Segmentation, Attribution and Data Modeling)
- In-depth experience with marketing analytics and testing platforms (Google Analytics, CDPs, Optimizely, etc.) and CRM tools (Salesforce Data Cloud and Marketing Cloud).
- Expertise using attribution tools (such as Rockerbox)
- Proficiency with visualization tools such as Tableau and Metabase
- Hands-on experience with SQL and customer data/segmentation
- Highly effective communicator who interacts with clarity and purpose, proactive, and has experience interacting at all levels of the organization
- Ability to present analysis and supporting logic to senior management
- Passion for Bluevine, its mission, and experience marketing to small businesses
- Proactive and forward thinking; raises questions on assignments, contributes to the optimization of campaigns, and shares ideas
New Hire Base Salary Range: $84,100-$100,900
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities