Director, Paid Media
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
About The Role:
Bluevine is seeking an experienced and accomplished Paid Digital Media leader to manage all our Paid Media investments across Search, Social, Programmatic, Display, Video, Affiliates, and other new digital formats to drive acquisition, retention, and cross-sell efforts. The position will develop hypotheses and tests, designing campaigns while constantly measuring/optimizing for results (balancing volume needed with CAC required). Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth Marketing and partnering closely with Marketing Analytics, Website & Content, Product Marketing, Product / Dev, Business Operations, Risk, Finance, and Sales, this person will own strategy development, execution, and optimization of all paid digital media channels to beat our Customer Growth, Revenue, ROI and Profitability targets.
This position is both strategic and executional. You will also be responsible for constantly testing new channels and strategies and be proficient in multi-touch attribution, A/B testing & measurement. You'll collaborate with web development/product teams to drive acquisition funnel improvements and work with design and content teams to develop response-driving and on-brand creatives for each channel. You’ll manage growing acquisition budgets and goals, while successfully meeting KPIs around Customer Acquisition Cost, Return on Investment and Long Term Value. You will also routinely present the programs and results to the cross-functional partners and convey complex information in easy to understand terms with clear actions and will need to exhibit excellent communication skills (written and oral). You will lead and nurture a small team of paid media marketers and create an agile test and learn operating rhythm to drive successful execution of strategies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Effectively manage and own comprehensive paid media acquisition campaigns across Search (Google), Paid Social (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), Display, Programmatic, Video, OOH and Affiliate channels
- Understand how to best reach our target customer and create audiences by leveraging data and insights to refine strategies for optimal customer acquisition.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and optimization of paid media campaigns. Monitor performance metrics and adjust strategies to meet or exceed key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage and allocate advertising budgets effectively, ensuring that resources are optimally distributed across various channels and campaigns to maximize ROI.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance landing pages, user experiences, and conversion paths to improve the effectiveness of acquisition efforts.
- Utilize data analytics tools to gather insights, track user behavior, and refine campaigns. Implement A/B & multi-variant testing and other optimization techniques to drive improvements. Constantly optimize segments, audiences, messaging, and creatives to help meet growth goals
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitors' strategies, and emerging technologies to maintain a competitive advantage in the financial services market.
- Full understanding of the purchase cycle, how best to leverage full-funnel multi-touch programs
- Own campaign development, setup, QA and reporting across the channels to reach new audiences
- Support product launches, events & other enterprise initiatives via cross-channel media strategies
- Work with internal copy & design, and outside agencies, to develop on-brand response driving creatives
- Collect, measure, and analyze campaign results to understand channel performance front to back
- Manage and nurture agency relationships to effectively execute the paid channels
- Work cross-functionally with web development, product, biz ops, business units and sales teams to understand and improve acquisition funnel conversion and efficacy
- Own daily, weekly, monthly channel reporting, performance metrics and insights
- Conduct advanced customer analytics with Marketing Analytics, Data Science and Biz Ops to understand customer behavior trends, and inform them to develop new strategies
- Meet aggressive spend and volume targets, while also meeting CAC, ROAS, and LTVs goals
- Constantly improve personalization, automation and efficiency by enhancing the ad tech stack
- Build, coach and mentor a team of paid media associates and managers
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 10+ years of experience in paid media acquisition marketing
- 5+ years of experience leading high-performance teams
- 5+ years of experience at technology companies in the SMB or Financial Services is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required / Advanced Degree preferred
- Proven expert in successfully using paid media to generate demand for a high growth business
- Strong leadership presence and ability to lead indirectly and influence
- Top of his/her game regarding Performance / Digital Marketing (SEO, SEM, Display, Retargeting, Video, Paid Social, Affiliate) & Growth Analytics (Segmentation, Attribution and Data Modeling)
- A proven performance marketing leader who keeps abreast of the latest tools, techniques, & ad technologies and is well-versed in top paid platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Meta Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads, Programmatic DSPs, Video, Audio etc.)
- Working knowledge of marketing analytics and testing platforms (Google Analytics, CDPs, Optimizely, etc.) to drive creative, landing page and conversion rate optimization programs
- A high level of expertise in analyzing user funnels and surfacing growth opportunities
- Strong analytical & performance optimization skills
- Expertise with business intelligence and analytical tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Hands on experience with SQL and customer data/segmentation a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, cross-functional environment under tight deadlines
- Highly effective communicator (both written and verbal), who interacts with clarity and purpose, proactive, and who has experience interacting at all levels of the organization
- A process-driven individual who has effectively managed and executed complex, multi-layer work streams in a matrix organization
- Strategic thinker who understands the big picture but can also manage the tactical details
- Strong hands-on, multi-tasking project management skills with a team player mentality
- Passion for Bluevine, it’s mission, and experience marketing to small businesses
Marketing, copy, creative, business units (BUs) and their General Managers, Risk, Data Science, Data Operations, BizOps
New Hire Base Salary Range: $154,900.00 to $189,800.00
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities