Product Compliance Manager
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bluevine is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Compliance team. As a Product Compliance Manager, you will act as primary liaison between business units, product teams and the broader compliance team to initiate reviews, identify dependencies, communicate requirements and manage the end-to-end process from compliance side. The ideal candidate is analytical, results driven, thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and has prior banking or financial institutions experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide ongoing compliance support to product, risk, marketing and other operational groups as needed
- Develop metrics and KPIs to monitor compliance with applicable requirements
- Maintain all compliance policies, change management and ensure adherence of all requirements
- Work directly with the business units and broader compliance team to help define and drive compliance requirements across existing and future products/features.
- Develop standard operating procedures and draft policies to ensure implementation of compliance processes with the relevant business units
- Liaison with in-house product counsel to collectively evaluate regulatory landscape and implement changes across products as needed
- Create a framework to streamline product reviews, scope compliance requirements including understanding and communicating implications on existing compliance processes and controls to relevant owners
- Consolidate all product asks and work with PMs around planning and prioritization
- Partner with business units with analysis of compliance risks associated with new and existing SMB banking products
- Lead several compliance initiatives around policies and governance and other projects as required
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 6+ years of prior experience in compliance in financial institutions or Fintechs; with at least 5+ years managing compliance activities (including AML, BSA program)
- Knowledge of banking and banking products, Digital banking experience is a plus
- Experience in working with new product launches
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of AML/BSA, ECOA/Reg B, ACH, UDAAP, FCRA, and related laws
- High organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make sound decisions, use independent judgment, establish priorities, and work effectively on multiple initiatives concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Managerial experience
New Hire Base Salary Range: $98,100- $117,700
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?