Senior Data Engineer
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Data Engineer with proven experience to join our Revenue Engineering team!
You’ll be joining an efficient and fast paced working team, building and supporting data infrastructure for BI and business operations across Bluevine. You will help business functions like BI, marketing, customer support, business development and Revenue operations leverage data and automation to improve efficiency and productivity. You will work with business leaders, fellow engineers, and business analysts to help identify answers to the most important questions impacting our business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Help build robust and scalable data pipelines and ETL tools from internal and external Data sources.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the organization to address data Needs and requirements
- Automate business processes requiring data manipulation, aggregation, and sharing
- Optimize and monitor data pipelines and ETL processes to ensure timely, accurate and secure data delivery.
- Manage data integration with data flow products and services that Bluevine is working with (Salesforce, Segment)
- Manage a portfolio of data products that deliver high-quality data
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 3+ years of software development experience, including at least 2 years of Python programming
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience in the complete life cycle of data warehouse projects, including functional/technical design, coding, testing deploying to production and monitoring
- Experience working with AWS cloud services
- Experience with using open source or non-open source ETL tools and services (Matillion, Heroku)
- Solid understanding of areas of Computer Science such as algorithms, data structures, data modeling and object-oriented design
- Experience working with Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Experience with Docker containers
- People who exude Bluevine values: Lead with integrity, Push Boundaries, Operate as owner and Grow Together
New Hire Base Salary Range: $144,100 - $172,900
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?