Senior Security Researcher
Bitsight is a cyber risk management leader transforming how companies manage exposure, performance, and risk for themselves and their third parties. Companies rely on Bitsight to prioritize their cybersecurity investments, build greater trust within their ecosystem, and reduce their chances of financial loss.
Built on over a decade of technological innovation, its integrated solutions deliver value across enterprise security performance, digital supply chains, cyber insurance, and data analysis.
- We invented the cyber ratings industry in 2011
- Over 3000 customers trust Bitsight
- Over 750 teammates are dispersed throughout Boston, Raleigh, New York, Lisbon, Singapore, Argentina, and remote
Serve as a research scientist on Bitsight’s Product Research team within the Security Research Group, focused on data analysis and new capability development. Collaborating with fellow researchers, product and engineering groups to support and develop new data sets, analytical capabilities and research. Participating in marketing initiatives to share research results and promote market awareness.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Performing data analysis projects on new data feeds, or other related data sets, with the purpose of integrating them into the BitSight product. These analyses consist of assessing the effectiveness and quality of the data, and determining uses and risk profile revealed about companies.
- Designing and researching new methods for data collection and the applications of that data to introduce new product features or serve as enhancements to existing features.
- Collaboration with product and engineering groups to develop new data specifications.
- Examining existing data feeds based on changes or additions partners have provided, either requested by us or features otherwise implemented from the provider’s own roadmap.
- Work with the Data Operations manager to maintain partner or provider relationships, and be able to act as the technical liaison for the partner or provider.
- Assurance of data quality through developing methods for data curation, cleaning, and modeling.
- Conducting research, writing, and presentations in support of marketing activities and customer engagements to promote key findings and capabilities and explain data and ratings concepts.
- Strong technical background with expertise in networking and computer and network security.
- Capable of being self-motivated and operating autonomously on projects, or with others in a team.
- Deep subject matter background in network security and other technical topics, and includes knowledge of a variety of L3 to L5 protocols, cryptography, and applications.
- Strong communication and analytical skills, including ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- Proficient in standard scripting languages and database technologies.
- Proven track record in security data analysis and presentation.
- Ability to conduct statistical experiments and develop rapid prototypes.
- Ownership mentality and entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to work autonomously.
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or similar field or commensurate experience.
Diversity. Bitsight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Culture. We put our people first. Bitsight offers best in class benefits. We devote the same energy to nurturing our company's inclusive culture as we apply to serving our customers' needs. Working at Bitsight will give you the opportunity to fulfill your professional goals and expand your skills.
Open-minded. If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Bitsight’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways.
Additional Information for United States of America Applicants:
Bitsight also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email . This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with applicable law.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.