Brand Video Producer/Editor (PrEditor)
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
We’re looking for a true Producer and Video Editor hybrid with creative and logistical producing chops, editing prowess, and motion design and animation skills. You will work on the Brand Creative Team to conceptualize, develop, produce and edit video content for digital channels, social media platforms, and internal needs. You will bring fluency and expertise in film editing and storytelling through motion to communicate ideas that inspire and inform our consumers. In this role, you'll report directly to our Sr. Director of Brand Creative.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $145,000 - $155,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering with employer match as well as flexible PTO policy. This job is eligible for variable compensation in the form of a discretionary company incentive bonus.
A day in the life
- Work closely with a small team of talented designers, copywriters, and product marketers to work within and build upon our established brand guidelines
- Produce and edit videos for organic social and acquisition channels across our lines of business (B2C and B2B)
- Establish and maintain look and feel for short-form video content created by Subject Matter Experts (e.g. product demo videos)
- Drive all aspects of the video post-production process, from ingesting footage following a shoot to creating multiple edits for various outlets, to exporting for final delivery
- Direct and shoot internal video productions and voiceover recordings featuring SMEs
- Edit cutdowns of event recordings for marketing, press and social media distribution
- Pivot between thoughtful longer form content and short-form animated content on (sometimes) quick deadlines
- Provide creative oversight of third-party vendors for shoots and post-production
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of agency, studio, or freelance experience
- A portfolio of work that displays proficiency in editing, motion, storytelling
- Great eye for detail, typography, visual design, and creating engaging content
- Ability to conceptualize video ideas, develop shot lists and storyboards
- Experience working on all parts of the production pipeline
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional partners and distilling feedback
- Proficiency in video editing (Premiere, Resolve, or Final Cut Pro)
- Proficiency in motion design (After Effects, or Cinema 4D)
Bonus points if you have
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media
- Interest in personal finance & investing
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.
Something looks off?