What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric watersport boats.
An electric boat is superior to a gas boat in almost every way: not only is it way easier to maintain (the single biggest pain point of owning a gas boat) and a lot cheaper to operate (a day of use costs ~$10 compared to ~$100 for a gas boat), but it’s also quieter, faster, more stable, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants.
Battery tech is finally good enough to pull this off, but a truly performant electric boat also requires a strong, lightweight hull to accommodate the large battery. With years of experience in aerospace manufacturing, we believe we can disrupt the gasoline boating industry through first principle engineering, innovative production techniques, and a scrappy start-up approach to problem solving.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a marketing intern that is excited by our vision, eager for the challenge, and willing to learn on the job.
This role will primarily be focused on supporting our Marketing Lead in building excitement and demand for our boats. Given that we’re an early stage startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where the day to day needs of the company can shift quickly. This role is based onsite at our Los Angeles office.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Head of Marketing and support them in the following areas:
- Cultivating consumer demand using both owned and earned media channels
- Organizing boat demos for potential customers and investors
- Managing press relationships and strategy
- Developing the brand strategy for the company and its products
- Creating new marketing materials
- Creating and publishing social media content
- Designing customer touchpoints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Obsession with the customer experience
- Comfort engaging with engineers, customers, media, industry experts, and more
- High initiative and an ability to work in a self-directed fashion
- Strong existing network
- Experience working on website design and development
- An eye for design and/or branding
- Willingness to travel for networking, shows, and demos
You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these three things above all else:
- Empathy, for colleagues and for customers
- Pragmatism, for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Diversity, of background, opinion, culture, etc.
Given that we’re a small team working in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access to and input over many aspects of the business
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Daily lunches and plenty of snacks
- Hourly wage of $30 per hour
- Unlimited boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc