Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
As we scale our business globally, we are looking for a finance leader to partner with our Go-To-Market teams to optimize growth strategies and resource allocation. This role will collaborate cross-functionally to provide financial insights that enhance our marketing, sales, and customer success efforts.
Anthropic’s mission is to create reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our users and for society as a whole. Our team is a quickly growing group of committed researchers, engineers, policy experts, and business leaders working together to build beneficial AI systems.
- Own the GTM financial planning and forecasting process, partnering with sales leaders
- Partner with sales leaders as a strategic advisor on resource allocation, ROI, etc.
- Conduct pricing analysis and develop data-driven pricing strategies
- Analyze customer segmentation, lifetime value, and retention to optimize customer experience
- Develop international expansion models and business cases for new markets
- Create reporting and dashboards to track key GTM metrics and KPIs to track health of the business
- Identify opportunities to drive greater sales efficiency and productivity
You may be a good fit if you:
- (Required) Have 7+ years experience in sales/GTM finance or other highly-analytical/strategic finance, preferably at a high-growth technology company
- Have Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize data into compelling insights
- Are experienced with marketing analytics and campaign performance measurement
- Feel comfortable working cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Possess Storytelling and influence skills to drive strategy adoption
- Have a passion for enabling high-growth Go-to-Market teams with financial rigor
- Have a track record of driving process improvements and scaling finance operations
Strong candidates may also:
- Have 10+ years of experience building and leading high performing finance teams
- Have experience with usage-based or non-standard pricing models
- Be familiar with international expansion and geographic market entry expertise
- Have a background in AI, ML, or related technologies
- The expected salary range for this position is $230k - $320k USD.
Location-based hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office (San Francisco) at least 25% of the time.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
US visa sponsorship: We do sponsor visas! However, we aren't able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; accounting and operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.