IT Engineer (London)
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
We are looking for an experienced IT Engineer, who will resolve technical issues, automate processes, configure A/V and network hardware, and implement security best practices. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize competing requirements. You will join a rapidly growing startup, gaining practical experience and developing your skills, while enabling the organization to continue to scale.
Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
- Diagnose and resolve IT incidents and requests, while creating helpful documentation
- Configure and troubleshoot networks, audio/video equipment, and security systems
- Onboard and offboard employees, while streamlining/automating processes
- Configure the mobile device management platform to improve security and end user experience
- Conduct security awareness training
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have great communication skills for friendly end user support
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills with computers, networks, MDMs, and conferencing equipment
- Have automated onboarding/offboarding steps or other processes
- Enjoy finding solutions to technical challenges
Strong candidates may also:
- Have experience or interest in cybersecurity or physical security controls
- Be able to create technical documentation and train end users
- Be familiar with compliance frameworks like SOC 2 or HIPAA
- Have experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Have supported business continuity planning or data loss prevention
Candidates need not have:
- 100% of the skills needed to perform the job
- Formal certifications or education credentials
Annual Salary (USD)
- The expected salary range for this position is £105,000 - £155,000
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Private health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- Pension contribution (matching 4% of your salary)
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Health cash plan
- Life insurance and income protection
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We're trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.