Senior Full Stack Engineer
With our growing customer base and our expansion into new markets and use cases, we have more to build than ever at Affinity as we execute on our vision to put relationship intelligence at every professional's fingertips.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to push our product in new directions while also shaping the next iterations of the features our customers already love. You'll define the future of core pieces of our backend across areas like data model or authentication or integrations, as well as core pieces of our frontend like design systems, or rich visualizations. From front-end usability to back-end algorithms, async workers to scalable applications, you'll hone your skills across multiple domains while helping to drive forward the Affinity product and vision.
In this role, you will:
- Own product areas that are critical to the success of our customers and our business
- Collaborate with world-class engineering, product, and design teams--you'll have the opportunity to learn from a wide variety of experiences and, of course, to share your own
- Grow your expertise and fluency with core pieces of technology across the full application stack
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality and powerful products to customers while also championing technical excellence
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, including familiarity with the different pieces of technology involved in building modern web applications
- You have experience with modern front-end technologies such as React and TypeScript, as well as with writing server-side code using modern OOP practices
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases and the ability to design and implement systems that scale and avoid performance bottlenecks
- You've helped your teams to solve high-scale challenges, to integrate systems, or to harden your product’s security posture
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and as part of a cross functional team
Our platform is built with React and TypeScript on the front end, and with Ruby and PostgreSQL on the back end. Our infrastructure is hosted by AWS and runs on Kubernetes.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- Health Care coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,600 - $187,800 CAD. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2,700 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.0 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.
We use E-Verify
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.