Help Desk Manager - End User Experience
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for an End User Experience Manager to join the IT team. As a fast-growing cybersecurity company, it is imperative we scale our technology support processes while maintaining a secure environment that balances the challenges of superior security practices, with user experience and productivity.
The End User Experience Manager will play a pivotal role in managing our remote support team. You will ensure that all technical issues are resolved efficiently and that our high standards of customer service are maintained consistently. This role requires strong leadership skills, structured process mindset, and a commitment to providing excellent user support in a remote work environment.
This role will be responsible for leading our remote technical support team, ensuring the effective use of tools like ServiceNow, Google Workspaces, MacOS, Windows, JAMF, Intune, Slack, and Zoom. This role requires a deep understanding of these platforms, strong leadership abilities, and a commitment to providing outstanding remote support.
This critical role ensures the employee experience is best in class, including onboarding, day-to-day life as an Abnormalite, and exiting the company. This includes ensuring proper equipment is delivered, configured, and operational. To achieve this, you must be an expert in process optimization, vendor, and stakeholder engagement.
Who you are
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies in large and complex data sets
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills for creating and maintaining technical documentation and reports
- Team player, collaborative management style who can motivate, lead, and develop a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets
- High attention to detail, process, and organization
- Results-oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated, and willing to adapt to change in a fast-moving environment
- Intellectually curious, a problem solver. Always looking for ways to improve standards, simplify, enhance functionality, and/or transition to solutions to improve support quality
What you will do
- Establish practical and working knowledge of Abnormal’s business processes as it relates to the end user
- Interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that improve customer service and processes
- Prepare and manage computer inventory via CMDB, including resource allocation, equipment procurement, lifecycle, and maintenance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT engineering, Security, and HR, to ensure seamless delivery of solutions to support the entire employee lifecycle
- Drive continuous improvement efforts by leveraging the ServiceNow platform and ITIL best practices
- Responsible for forecasting hardware and software spend based on understanding the current state, assessing future needs, and estimating costs associated with upgrades, replacements, and growth.
- Define, implement, and track KPIs that gauge the effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction of end-user services while continually identifying areas for improvement, and implementing corrective actions as needed
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts related to end-user support tools and services.
- Implements best practice support models to improve client services, including adoption of ITIL4 practices for service and application support, problem and incident management, end-user technology management (inventory, configuration management, patching, desktop engineering), service level metrics
- 10+ years of experience in IT support or end-user services with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- 4+ years of experience using ServiceNow to perform your role (running help desk services, reporting, CIP, analytics, automations) for a medium or large enterprise.
- ITIL v3 or v4 certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience working in and supporting a global company.
- Experience working in a remote-first company
Nice to Have
- Experience working with hardware as a service (HaaS) partners
- Experience working with an outsourced managed service desk provider
- Experience with Apple Business Manager, Apple Automated Device Enrollment
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our Benefits & Perks page.