Staff Software Engineer - Cell-based Architecture
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to lead the Cellular Architecture team. This team will be responsible for executing Abnormal Security’s strategic goal for moving their cloud infrastructure to a Cellular-based Architecture, an ambitious project to support the hyper-growth of the business, as well as a technological leap that will improve the scalability and reliability of the product offerings.
This role includes responsibility for leading this effort, working cross-functionally with multiple teams, building the execution plans, and ensuring operational excellence. The ideal candidate will be:
- Capable of taking a business problem that is complex and ambiguous in nature, exploring solution spaces, coming up with an execution plan and coordinating its delivery across multiple teams.
- Dependable and autonomous, a proven track record of technical leadership.
- An effective communicator and collaborator and willing to escalate for help when appropriate.
What you will do
- Shape the cloud architecture of Abnormal Security on AWS (regions, accounts, key tools, roles) to support the transition into Cell-based Architecture.
- Define the architecture of Abnormal Security’s data systems to align with the Cell-based architecture.
- Deep dive into the product workflows and recommend correct trade offs for the transition.
- Act as the technical lead of the team. Own their quarterly roadmap, to set, execute and deliver.
- 8+ years of experience in building large-scale distributed cloud systems and architectures (preferably on AWS).
- Proven track record of defining and driving engineering initiatives that involve cross-team collaboration.
- Experience in building platforms, tools, and systems to serve the needs of engineering teams, empower them to ship with velocity and reliability.
- Experience with or interested in Abnormal Security Tech Stack: Python, Golang, Terraform / Terragrunt, Postgresql, Kafka, Redis, OpenSearch, AWS, Kubernetes.
Nice to Have
- Experience in operating complex AI / ML applications at scale.
- Experience in scaling a product stack from a single region to multi-region on a commercial cloud platform.