Sales Enablement Technical Program Manager
You are a problem solver and enjoy working through technical solutions with a variety of stakeholders in a collaborative manner. You take pride in arriving at, documenting, and communicating solutions. You are passionate about technology, innovation and love to learn.
You are an excellent and compelling communicator that loves to teach others to be their best. You can break down complex technical concepts, explain them clearly and build enablement programs for a variety of levels from Sales (somewhat technical) to Sales Engineering (highly technical)
You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships with your internal and cross-functional stakeholders including sales, solution engineers, customer success and product marketing, no matter their level.
You are excellent at multitasking, are self driven, and can work both independently and with a cross functional team in a hectic and ever changing startup environment. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail.
Good to have
- Strong understanding of SaaS companies and the metrics that drive success
- Track record of strong project & program management of moderate to large complexity
- Proven track record of being a trusted advisor to account executives, sales engineers and leadership
- Customer Facing experience with a track record of champion building
In this job, you will bring these skills
- Prior experience defining, building and and delivering technical enablement programs at global scale is required.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5+ years in technical enablement, or alternatively some mixture of enablement and pre-sales, individual contributor and / or leadership experience.
- Prior experience as a field Sales Engineer, or technical product marketing, is strongly preferred.
- Experience in creating technical content - technical marketing, competitive intelligence, or technical sales role - for a cybersecurity company is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to analyze markets, products, and competitors, and translate that information into useful intelligence and sales tools.
- Experience designing and administering content via a variety of modalities (virtual, in person, asynchronously)
- Experience designing and planning curriculums across multiple roles and experience levels; for example, experience building learning paths for associate vs staff vs senior / principal roles.
- Experience defining and building certification programs around core competencies of technical GTM roles including, but not limited to, demo skills, POV process, competitive positioning and objection handling.
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end (pre- to post-sales) enterprise sales cycle and how to enable a technical audience.
- Experience with industry leading sales enablement technology such as sales enablement platforms (e.g. MindTickle, or other), content platforms (e.g. HighSpot, or other).
- Strong written, oral, and visual communicator; ability to participate in and support internal enablement events - virtually and eventually in-person - across the sales organization, as well as educating customers and partners on the value of Abnormal Security.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, tasks, and wear many hats as needs shift and change.
- Independently holds themselves accountable for their work outcomes and goals
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive
- Passion for working with and developing others
- Ability to travel as needed for sales events, conferences, etc….
- MBA or other graduate degree is a plus.
- Domain experience in cybersecurity, including email security or adjacent space.
- Experience with Value Selling and Sales / Qualification frameworks like MEDDIC
- Experience, or ability to learn, general SFDC functions - reporting, dashboards, data extraction.
- Creative and / or design sensibilities to build content that is easy to understand and consume.
- Experience with program management and tools (e.g. Asana, Monday.com, etc…)
- Develop and Deliver our Technical Enablement Program to our Worldwide Sales Engineering and Technical GTM team members
- Manage the end-to-end curriculum design, development and delivery for Abnormal Sales and GTM technical roles including onboarding and continuous learning paths Assist in developing reinforcement solutions to help drive long-term success.
- Partner with Operations and Field Enablement to facilitate a monthly boot camp program, virtually and/or in person (when safe to do so), across new-hires and presenters.
- Coordinate with Abnormal Subject Matter Experts to develop the sales tools that support the selling process, including: demo scripts, POV processes, biased Success Criteria, Technical Proof Reports, and more.
- Partner with Field Enablement to enable and certify our GTM organization - technical sales (SEs), quota carrying sellers (AEs), Customer Success (CS) - on the Abnormal platform, products & value proposition.
- Enable GTM Team Members to understand, identify and communicate compelling stories, interesting attack patterns, and the value of Abnormal Security’’s platform.
- Enable Abnormal Sales Engineers on running world-class Proof of Values including technical champion building, attack identification and story building, technical results (findings) delivery and communication, business case creation and executive proposals.
- Actively identify and partner with Field Enablement and GTM leadership to identify and remove friction points in the technical sales process that lead to elongated deal cycles, reduction in margins (ASP) and competitive losses. This includes improving SE execution and cross-functional work products (e.g. CARE Reports).
- Leverage and manage engaging and impactful content in our CMS, LMS, and other tools used for delivering formal and informal/social learning.
- Partner with Sales Operations and cross-functional stakeholders to measure and report on the effectiveness of technical enablement programs and take action to optimize the results.
- Partner with Enablement Operations to develop ongoing communications plans for technical programs.
- Support New Product Launches by Enabling our GTM Organization.
- Build and delivering enablement materials - demo scripts, demo training, POV process updates, biased success criteria, and technical “proof” within executive summaries.
- Ensure that 100% of the GTM team are enabled, relative to the requirements of their role, to understand, differentiate, demonstrate, and communicate the value of all Abnormal products.
- Certify our GTM team on product knowledge including new product launches.
- Ensure the GTM team is capable of consistently communicating, and demonstrating, the value proposition of Abnormal’s technology and products.