Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
About the Role
In a cloud software world, where who you are and what you have access to determines the risk associated with your accounts being compromised, Abnormal Security aims to build a comprehensive tool to understand the employees of our customers, and aid security professionals in assessing the risks and threats impacting their employee base. Help us build a new layer of protection that will give enterprises the same level of security for their cloud offerings as Abnormal Security’s industry leading products do in the email security space.
We’re looking to add a Full-Stack Engineer to our team of world class engineers. The individual in this role will shape and elevate our Knowledge Base team while working closely with our customers–internal and external alike. This role straddles the line of velocity and excellence.
What you will do:
As a Full-Stack Engineer of the Knowledge Base team, you will:
- Own and develop data-rich, consumer-grade, user interfaces and APIs showcasing the breadth of Abnormal’s knowledge, compiled from many different sources, about a user’s normal patterns as well as those which might indicate something abnormal is going on.
- Build the user interface that allows customers and internal agents to debug particular attacks
- Build a framework and specification for quickly adding new data sources.
- Obsessively partner with our customers to gather their feedback and quickly iterate to improve our systems - example - help resolve False Positive/False Negative or integration issues.
- Create a magical work environment with colleagues and memorable interview process for candidates
This is a full stack role: expect to move from tasks such as coding the Knowledge Bases UI one day, while spending the next working with the underlying data model.
Must Have Skills:
- 2+ years of production support experience for enterprise-class customers
- At least 1 year of system design experience
- Proven experience owning testing as well as development of all software solutions
- Proven experience working with agile development methodologies (both scrum and kanban)
- Proven experience working effectively with cross-functional teams across multiple timezones with with remote stakeholders
- BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Airflow, Celery, AWS and/or Azure, Postgres
- Experience with API platform development
- Experience with Go