Software Engineer II - Full Stack
About the Role
For Abnormal's customers, especially larger, often multi-national organizations with thousands of employees, providing the correct security solutions for their employees starts with understanding as much as possible about their own environment. The Knowledge Bases are built to be able to quickly answer questions like:
- Who are my software administrators?
- Which employees are based out of our London office?
- What software do my employees use?
- Who is logging in from the company VPN?
Designed and optimized around providing the most salient information in the fewest number of clicks, the Knowledge Bases are built to help our customers understand their own environment and at the same time to offer a peek under the bonnet of the Abnormal machine, helping build trust with our customers that Abnormal is capable of protecting them based on the type and quantity of information we are processing. The individual will be responsible for
- Growth-oriented, looking to increase impact, responsibility, and ownership over time
- Detail driven and care about code quality, testing, and performance
- Looking to grow as an engineer as part of a strong team, learning from established engineers, product managers, and designers
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with remote collaborators and stakeholders
- Comfortable with test driven development, working as part of a large organization divided by standardized interfaces.
Must Have Skills
- 3+ years of industry experience and 2+ Yrs experience as a Full Stack Developer with expertise developing production grade Django, React application from scratch.
- Understanding of Django and its ecosystem, including Django ORM, Django REST framework, and authentication mechanisms.
- Experience with frontend frameworks/libraries such as React, Redux, or Next.js.
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
- Understanding of database systems and proficiency in SQL.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Golang
What You’ll Do
- Design and Development:
- Develop robust, scalable and secure web applications using Django and React.
You will be relied upon to own the delivery of complex features for a Standing Team -- to design, decompose, execute, and launch. You will play the role of a highly capable feature lead, able to take a clearly defined business problem, and design a technical approach to implement.
- Testing and Debugging:
- Conduct thorough testing of applications, including unit testing and integration testing.
- Use debugging tools and techniques to diagnose and fix issues in a timely manner.
- Support and On-call:
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by users or identified through monitoring systems and participate in on-call rotations.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Communicate effectively in Async manner with team members to provide updates, discuss challenges and propose solutions.
- You will be participating in code reviews to maintain code quality and in system design discussions.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement:
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team and participate in professional development activities.