Associate Technical Program Manager
This is a unique yet exciting opportunity for an early-career professional to contribute to Abnormal's Research & Development Operating System. The creation of a predictable, reliable, and standardized R&D process is crucial for Abnormal's future strategy and success. To continue thriving in business, Abnormal will develop several new products through its Multi-Product Platform. Technical Program Managers will provide a consistent framework and fabric of execution as a foundation for executing these products.
As a Technical Program Manager, you'll work closely with R&D leadership to establish Abnormal's R&D operating systems and processes. You will help architect, define, and execute these systems. This will involve two phases -- the architecture and definition will be done alongside R&D Leadership. The execution of the strategy will involve working alongside the Product and Engineering teams to ensure the consistent ingestion and execution of the core Engine, Programs, and Process.
The ideal profile thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, handling competing priorities and ambiguity with confidence. You have a growth mindset and are a quick and keen learner.
In this job, you will bring these skills
- Project / Program Management & Organization: Excellent project manager with delivering large cross functional complex projects. Able to take complex technical requirements and translate into program plans.
- Exceptional communicator: Able to effectively collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in both written and verbal form.
- Works well in ambiguity: Ability to be a kickstarter especially in this initial Engine building phase.
- Ownership: Goal-oriented with an ownership mentality. Ability to self-organize, pull in resources with clear expectations and drive successful outcomes
- Continuous improvement: Committed to personal and professional growth, with a constant desire to improve, create value, and make your team better. Growth mindset and grit will be key traits to success.
- Translate complex technical requirements from Product Engineering, Platform and Infrastructure Engineering, ML Engineering, and other critical stakeholders into program plans with clearly defined milestones, owners, and deadlines
- Drive programs and manage project schedules by determining dependencies across project teams, proactively addressing risks, and reporting progress to stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of program deliverables
- Participate in technical strategy development and resource planning with engineering and product partners
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to drive alignment and progress toward shared goals
- Design, establish, and iterate on best practices and repeatable processes for operational excellence, including incident management and leading post-mortem's
- Zero to Two (0-2) years of professional experience in technical Program or Project Management
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering-related discipline
- Capable of translating and communicating highly technical requirements in pragmatic & in a way that focuses on customer or business-impact
- Experience working with SaaS products and/or Software Engineering teams (a plus)
We are a fast growing team, and your impact will be felt immediately and opportunities for growth are abundant at our scaling company. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our Benefits & Perks page.