Detection Product Specialist (Outbound Product Manager)
About the role
Abnormal has an exciting opportunity for a Product Specialist to join the Detection team.
Abnormal Security is a leading cybersecurity provider, one of the fastest growing startups in the software industry, and one of LinkedIn’s top 50 startups. The Detection Division is responsible for building the world’s most advanced technology for identifying and stopping email and cloud-based attacks that were previously undetectable, to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for a Product Specialist to drive the Detection Division’s Communication Engine for our product roadmap. You will drive Customer Obsession in our product and ensure that we have systematic ways of tangibly tracking and showing improvements in our Detection AI Engine.
Who you are
- Exceptional communicator: Able to effectively collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in both written and verbal form.
- Technical Capabilities: Leverage a technical background to support engineering in technical design and gain credibility.
- Customer-Focused: Always ask yourself and the team “what customer problem is this solving, and how do I best communicate it?”
- Works well in ambiguity: Ability to be a kickstarter especially in this initial Engine building phase.
- Ownership: Goal-oriented with an ownership mentality. Ability to self-organize, pull in resources with clear expectations and drive successful outcomes
- Continuous improvement: Committed to personal and professional growth, with a constant desire to improve, create value, and make your team better. Growth mindset and grit will be key traits to success.
What you will do
- Be the day-to-day voice of the Detection Division responsible for coordinating, prioritizing, and delivering product communications & updates to Product Marketing, Sales, Pre-sales, and Customer Success.
- Author documents & presentations that document the Detection Division’s product features & decisions
- Drive a recurring process for tangibly tracking and closing the loop with our customers on Detection’s roadmaps & capabilities
- Be the de-facto expert and go-to person for intricacies of our Email and Email-like Detection Product, who can also act as the Detection representative during customer calls
- Two to four (2-4) years of professional experience in Product Specialist, Product Management, Product Marketing, and/or Program Management roles
- Candidates with technical background but formal roles in Sales Engineering or Customer Success Management can also be a good fit
- Capable of translating and communicating highly technical requirements in pragmatic & in a way that focuses on customer or business-impact
- Experience working with SaaS products and/or Software Engineering teams
Nice to Have
- Past experience in a customer management or customer-facing role
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering-related discipline
- Cybersecurity experience