Vareto Rotational Program
Vareto is reimagining both how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. Executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts debug Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation reporting and planning platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, Latin America, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders including GV, Menlo Ventures, and over 100 angels.
About This Role
The Vareto Rotational Program is an 18-month program for those looking to transition from FP&A and other finance roles into another function. You’ll be a full-time employee of Vareto and have the opportunity to try three different roles and gain a wealth of hands-on experience through those roles.
Each rotation in the program is six months. You’ll start with a rotation on the Customer Growth team to gain an understanding of Vareto’s platform and how our customers use and find value in the product. You’ll then take that experience and perspective to the Product Marketing team to help shape Vareto’s go-to-market strategy and influence the product roadmap. After your time on those teams, you’ll complete the rotation in either Product Management, Revenue Operations, Sales, or Business Operations. After completing the program, you’ll have the opportunity to move into a permanent role within one of the functions you’ve completed a rotation in.
This is a remote position based in the US or Canada.
What you'll do:
Each rotation is designed to provide challenging and substantive assignments, as well as provide coaching with managers and mentors. You’ll gain exposure to key business areas at Vareto, collaborate and interact with leaders across the company, and develop a mix of technical and soft skills critical for building at a fast-growing startup.
Customer Growth Managers are at the forefront of Vareto’s growth, driving product adoption with our customers and ensuring they are seeing value from our platform. The role leverages a mix of data analysis, customer success, finance, and product experience. The team spends time building repeatable onboarding processes and templates, driving a tight user feedback loop with the product, design, and engineering teams, and act as a strategic advisor to help finance teams get the most out of Vareto. Our finance backgrounds directly enable our users to connect the dots across different parts of their company, plan more effectively, and drive better business performance.
This role also has the unique advantage of being able to impact the growth of our company from multiple angles — by being connected to both customers and product development, you’ll be able to formulate a holistic vision for where our company is going and drive change to help ensure we’re headed in the right direction.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll gain a holistic view of the business. They are the connective tissue between Product, Sales, and Customer Success — they work collaboratively with those teams to drive cohesive go-to-market throughout the product lifecycle:
- Before product launch: Conduct market and customer research and use that knowledge to help shape the product roadmap, including informing features, naming, and packaging.
- During product launch: Own and manage the go-to-market, including defining key value propositions, shaping messaging and positioning, launch content creation and distribution, and Sales and Customer Success enablement.
- After product launch: Take customer and market feedback post-launch and bring that feedback to Product for further iteration and improvement.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years in FP&A, Strategic Finance, Investment Banking, or other relevant finance-related roles
- Expert at Excel and/or Google Sheets with strong financial modeling fundamentals and data manipulation experience. You have a knack for robust simplicity.
- A results-oriented self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility, and can quickly learn and apply new skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, leadership, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to lead meetings with an executive audience, and set timelines and expectations.
- Passion for exploring new opportunities and challenges
- (3) 6-month assignments across select functions within Vareto
- Functional Order:
- 1st role as a Customer Growth Manager
- 2nd role as a Product Marketing Manager
- 3rd role - Chosen collectively, based on candidate skillset and resource needs
- One of the following: Product Management, Sales, Revenue Operations, or Business Operations.
Career options after the program:
After completing the 18-mo program, graduates have several options to choose from:
- Move into a permanent role within one of the previous rotation functions
- Take advantage of Vareto’s EIR program to start a new company
- Pursue an external opportunity with your newly-gained skills.
Additional program benefits:
- Immediate impact in highly visible roles
- A mix of technical and critical soft skill learning
- Collaborate and interact with leaders at all levels and across orgs
- Dedicated Mentor/Coach
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401K with 4% matching.
- We offer a variety of health insurance plans for you to choose from, covering employee premiums at 90%.
- We offer HSA & FSA plans (includes health and dependent care) to cover your out-of-pocket costs with pre-tax savings.
- Parental leave: 3-month paid leave for all parents within a year following the birth or adoption.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Flexible schedule that accommodates the different time zones of our international team: we believe flexibility leads to productivity, so you're welcome to choose your own schedule.
- Budgets for social connectivity, home-office setup, mental and physical wellness, and co-working with others in your area.
- Annual company retreats and team-socials to foster connection for our remote-first team.
- Learning & Development: we encourage and subsidize continual learning.
- Mentorship from our network of leaders.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Vareto is a fully-remote, global company. #LI-Remote