Principal Spacecraft GNC Engineer
A new space race has begun. True Anomaly seeks those with the talent and ambition to build innovative technology that solves the next generation of engineering, manufacturing, and operational challenges for space security and sustainability.
The peaceful use of space is essential for continued prosperity on Earth—from communications and finance to navigation and logistics. True Anomaly builds innovative technology at the intersection of spacecraft, software, and AI to enhance the capabilities of the U.S., its allies, and commercial partners. We safeguard global security by ensuring space access and sustainability for all.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
We are revolutionizing spacecraft power systems and are looking for a candidate with a passion for electronics and new technologies. In this role you will develop new spacecraft power systems from concept through flight production. You will gain experience at every phase of the spacecraft program including design, analysis, manufacturing, test, and flight. The company culture is one of innovation and speed, so if you are looking for a place that allows you to reach your full potential, this is the job to consider.
- Design & analysis of spacecraft attitude determination & control systems
- Conduct trade studies and ultimately recommend design decisions regarding ADCS components such as reaction wheels, torque rods, thrusters, star trackers, sun sensors, and rate sensors
- Develop high fidelity, six degree of freedom simulations to aide in performance prediction & hardware in the loop simulations
- Develop & write ADCS Flight Software (FSW) algorithms, including relevant ADCS algorithms pertinent to fault management
- Work with algorithms team to integrate RPO (rendezvous proximity operations) capabilities into flight software and safety of flight analysis for Spacecraft GNC.
- Perform various first principles derived analyses
- Interact and collaborate with engineers from various disciplines
- Own all aspects of system development, from algorithms to overall vehicle design
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or equivalent discipline
- 10+ years' experience developing and/or producing GNC systems for space applications
- Extensive understanding of spacecraft GNC architecture
- Extensive understanding of GPS, Gyro’s, Star Trackers, Thrusters, CSS’s
- Experience with control structure interaction, orbital maneuvering, filtering, state estimation, fault management, and software development
- Strong understanding of physics, attitude dynamics, orbital mechanics, and software development
- Cradle to grave development of three axis stabilized spacecraft incorporating momentum, magnetic, and propulsive control
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with little input on requirements or management oversight
- Experience with RPO and safety of flight operations
- Extensive experience with C++ and object oriented programming
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering or equivalent discipline
- 15+ years experience developing and/or producing GNC systems for space applications
- Low thrust trajectory optimization for orbital maneuvering
- Line of sight performance analysis such as jitter, smear, and pointing accuracy
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction
- Base Salary: $140,000 - $200,000
- Equity + Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA/HSA options, PTO and paid holidays, 401K, Parental Leave
- Ability to maintain or obtain TS//SCI clearance
- Work Location: this role will be fully onsite at our GravityWorks factory in Centennial, CO
- Work environment is in a standard office, working at a desk or in a production factory.
- Physical demands may include frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, and lifting or carrying items up to 20lbs.
This position will be open until it is successfully filled. To submit your application, please follow the directions below.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.