Strategic Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 9, 2022
Are you a true believer that Bioengineering is the future, and CRISPR is only the beginning? We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager who is inspired by our mission, would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture, and be able to represent the company culture in international markets.
This position is responsible and accountable for the execution of the critical business function of identifying, developing, and growing the company’s target client base. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role requiring active outbound sales efforts. This role has a significant impact within the company and represents significant growth potential and expansion into management tier or other roles within the company.
*This is an evergreen job posting.
What You'll Do
- Drive revenue and cultivate relationships with key B2B accounts
- Operate outside the typical sales cycle and focus on revenue growth
- Continuously build strong relationships with established companies
- Own, drive and close the entire sales cycle end-to-end
- Identify and manage client profiles critical to closing a deal – influence, budget owner, decision-maker, executive sponsor, etc.
- Travel time estimation post-pandemic is ~50%-70%
- 3+ years key account/corporate sales experience in Life Sciences
- Strong experience in sales management, contracts and supply agreements, customer relations and, strategic and tactical sales
- Strong networking and client portfolio across biotechnology, pharmaceutical, synthetic biology, agriculture, and other markets that employ genetic engineering technologies
- Strong technical background in Life Sciences—ability to speak fluently about biological sciences and techniques
- Comfortable operating with uncertainty, fast-paced and competitive environments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience working as a scientist or a researcher
- Advanced degree in a Life Science field
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity at a rapid-growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.