Sales Development Representative
The Massive Enterprise Identity Market
There is not a single large organization that doesn’t need what Strata has to offer. Identity security is a foundational technology that every company needs no matter what industry they are in. A great aspect of Strata is that you can call on virtually any name brand organization and be confident that someone in the organization needs what we offer. That’s why companies like Kroger, 3M, Publix, HEB, Cummins, Navy Federal Credit Union, State of Minnesota and the County of Dallas all chose to partner with Strata and solve their most pressing needs in identity.
Strata The Company
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who created the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a Sales Development Representative that wants to have a hand in building the future of the multi-billion dollar, multi-cloud identity market.
At Strata, we built the team around a core culture of collaboration, authenticity, and respect. At Strata we have what we call the Maverics Spirit that is a mix of courage, confidence and grit that combines to reveal the best characteristics of our team. We invest heavily in company culture and celebrate our successes weekly while executing like no other team in the industry.
Strata’s platform - Maverics - is identity middleware that connects identity infrastructure (Okta, Microsoft, Ping, AWS and others) with applications to modernize security and automate IT processes, all without requiring any rewriting of applications saving millions of dollars in measurable expenses.
Strata works closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible; you help bring it to the world.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%.
Extensible. Strata built the Maverics platform for distributed identity management to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems.
At Strata, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking amazing sales development representatives (SDRs) to discover and qualify potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success.
You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition, and hone your sales and customer communication skills. The SDR role is a great way to begin a career in enterprise sales or customer success. SDRs report to Strata’s Director of Demand Generation / Inside Sales.
We need your help!
- Represent our company’s software, starting with a comprehensive understanding of customer pain points, and then identifying how our solutions meet customers’ needs.
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing prospects into engaged leads and then ultimately customer opportunities.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage to set up qualification meetings with Strata sales executives.
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook and share with other SDRs and learn from your team members.
- You will be expected to execute 50-75 calls per day as well as execute prospecting outbound campaigns at scale using emails and profiling prospects on LinkedIn.
- This role ris hybrid and equires 3+ days in the Boulder, CO office; you can work 1-2 days remote.
- Enjoy working in a high volume environment with exciting market dynamics in the fast growing market of digital identity security.
- This is a prototypical ‘hunter’ role that is excellent with follow up and hustle and a strong will to win.
- You work well with a hands-on coach to optimize performance and leverage best practices to continuously improve and raise your game.
- Team player that understands the importance of working both individually and as part of a larger team.
- Curiosity to understand and discover customer needs and priorities and to test different combinations to discover what works.
- Passion for serving the customer and acting as a guide supporting our customers’ journey to identity orchestration.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly understand customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead/opportunity targets
- Working knowledge of sales tools like Salesforce, Salesloft, Outreach, Gong etc.
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization for roles like an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) or an Enterprise Account Executive (AE) or a Customer Success leader.
- Compensation - $75K-90K OTE with 70/30 split - 70% base and 30% variable