IT Support Engineer
Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
About the Role
As Sidecar Health's IT Support Engineer, your primary focus will be ensuring the security and efficiency of Sidecar Health's IT infrastructure, safeguarding against threats, and providing seamless support to the organization. In this role, you will play a crucial part in maintaining the reliability and functionality of our technology systems. Occasional in-office work will be required, so candidates based in the LA area are preferred for in-office maintenance, emergency response, infrastructure refreshes, and occasional in-office events.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with the information security team to safeguard Sidecar Health and its members from cyber threats
- Provide responsive support to the IT helpdesk and efficiently handle user tickets, taking ownership of issues, and ensuring timely follow-up and progress communication
- Perform user account administration, managing the complete lifecycle
- Configure and distribute equipment for onboarding employees through mobile device management for seamless deployment
- Maintain accurate inventory records and oversee an efficient asset management system
- Ensure the proper functioning of security software (e.g., antivirus, DLP, software agents) to continuously protect endpoints
- Patch systems in adherence to SLA requirements and provide metric reports
- Offer IT support to call center staff
- Assist in setting up and maintaining office networking infrastructure
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of IT support experience
- Proficiency with MacOS
- Familiarity with endpoint management and security tools
- Experience with Office 365 or Google Enterprise
- Proficiency in using collaborative tools and ticketing systems (e.g., Jira, Confluence)
- Background in user account and access management
- Understanding of networking technologies, including wireless
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory and AD Architecture
- Familiarity with single sign-on systems
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Effective communication abilities with both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Nice to Have
- Experience with mobile device management
- Proficiency in Windows server, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Experience in wireless management
- IT, security, or related certifications, such as ITIL, A+, or Security+
Sidecar Health’s compensation packages include base salary, bonus, and equity. We offer all full-time employees medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, parental leave, paid sick days, up to 15 days of paid time off, and 15 paid company holidays/recharge days. In taking a market-based approach to compensation, base pay may vary depending on location. Additionally, base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related skills and experience. The current expected salary for this position in our primary market Los Angeles is $80,000 to $95,000.
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.