Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
About the Role
As Sidecar Health's IT Engineer, your primary focus will be to enhance our IT Operations practices and improve user experience through effective infrastructure implementation. This role involves providing user-facing support, documentation, and issue remediation. You will closely collaborate with our Security, Technical Operations, and DevOps teams. Occasional in-office work will be required, so candidates based in the LA area are preferred for in-office maintenance, emergency response, infrastructure refreshes, and occasional in-office events.
- Must be centrally located in the LA area with a willingness to travel to the El Segundo office as needed
- Act as the primary in-office support for occasional high-profile events, meetings, and staff engagement
- Availability for in-office maintenance, emergency response, and infrastructure refreshes
What You’ll Do
- Own the design, (re)development, and implementation of our IT infrastructure
- Collaborate in the administration of user management systems, such as Microsoft Azure, Jamf, and InTune
- Take a leading role in integrating and organizing various platforms, applications, and systems to create a unified experience for our employees
- Strategize, process map, and implement improvements to onboarding and offboarding processes
- Identify opportunities for improvement and assist in necessary upgrades or changes to our IT tools
- Address and resolve technical issues by providing support through efficient ticket handling
- Work closely with IT leadership to ensure support requests are properly distributed and resolved
- Play an active role in various operations and infrastructure projects, leveraging your expertise to improve our IT environment
Upon Your Arrival, You'll Focus On:
- Assessing and completing the migration of legacy Active Directory to Azure AD
- Advancing the value of our Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems, specifically Jamf and InTune, through install automation, monitoring and reporting, and patch management
- Cleaning up and organizing user management in our Identity Provider (IdP), Azure AD
- Contributing to the evaluation, management, and process mapping of our IT tools, including remote viewing/sharing, monitoring services, and alerting actions
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in an IT role with a focus on user and machine management
- Proficiency in managing multi-platform environments, understanding of SaaS, and ability to work with legacy systems
- Ability to analyze existing processes and tools critically, offering insights and suggestions for improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration and documentation
- Adaptability to wear multiple hats and prioritize tasks in a changing environment
- Ability to work in a lean environment, understanding the importance of efficiency and resourcefulness
- Eagerness to learn new skills, tools, and evolve technically
- Prior experience with Azure, AD (phasing out), and Jamf is essential, with additional experience being a plus
- Willingness to apply for this role even if you don't align with 100% of the above requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and equity package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact at a rapidly growing mission-driven company transforming healthcare in the U.S.
- Opportunity to build processes and systems from scratch, working closely with IT and Security leadership in the design, process mapping, and implementation phases
- Scope to apply your existing IT skills to new areas of infrastructure, code, and open-source tooling available to enterprise IT administrators
- Development of leadership, strategic, project management, and engagement skills through meaningful projects and opportunities
- Support for maintaining a strong work/life balance
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.