Merchant Care Software Support
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Merchant Support Technical/Integrations Specialist
Location: Remote in India
We are seeking a Merchant Support Technical/Integration Specialist to provide our merchants with the guidance and education needed to become successful with our custom-built ecommerce fulfillment software.
You will be responsible for understanding how our software and integrations work to be able to deliver that same knowledge to our merchants in more layperson’s terms. You will work closely with our Merchant Experience and Product/Engineering teams.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure merchant satisfaction with technical support experience.
- Assist our Merchant Success team with merchant’s quarterly business reviews.
- Work closely with our product/tech teams to resolve potential issues.
- Redirecting non-tech support inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure adherence to our Company’s target service level agreements.
- Guide customers through product upgrades and installations and provide product overviews.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over phone, email, chat, and other communication mediums.
- Utilize all available SOPs, tools/ software and resources to ensure an exceptional merchant experience on every interaction. Maintain in-depth knowledge of our software and our product updates.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with the product/tech team to resolve potential technical issues.
- Regular follow-up on all the cases to ensure complete and timely resolution. Must be very effective in providing customer service by providing resolution to their complicated queries and issues.
- Manage multiple applications and resources including contact management systems and knowledge bases.
- Communicate quickly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide feedback and business insights to leadership and program teams regarding processes and trends impacting the merchant experience.
- Must efficiently set goals and work on to avoid any escalations and maintain the relevancy and quality while providing service to the merchants.
- Facilitates real-time discussions with necessary stakeholders.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of merchant/customer support experience and experience working in a technical support environment.
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application), Engineering or related field.
- MCA (Master of Computer Application), will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in the English language (Versant Level 5).
- Ability to solve problems independently while collaborating with other team members.
- Sound aptitude and interest of the software, with the ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently.
- Strategic problem solving: use of SOPs/ software and all available tools and resources to inform and support critical decisions and creative solutions on behalf of our merchants.
- Ability to prioritize and troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions in high-pressure, time sensitive situations.
- A highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express yourself with confidence.
Reports to: Senior Merchant Care Manager
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Term & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with thousands of e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver a best in class experience to their customers.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago backed by blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.