Product Manager - Global Products
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Product Manager – Global Products
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
As a Product Manager on the Global Products team, you will run the development and rollout of ShipBob’s new product catalog, enabling merchants of all sizes to seamlessly manage their products within our merchant dashboard and systems. You will build features for merchants to customize their product catalog and gain real-time insights into inventory across various ecommerce channels, allowing them to optimize and supercharge their fulfillment.
Over the next 6 months, you will also head up the migration of our most complex merchants from our legacy product catalog to the new product catalog.
What you’ll do:
- Run the development and rollout of ShipBob’s new product catalog.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, Product Operations, Sales and other cross-functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Help identify key initiatives to accelerate the product and break down initiatives into incremental releases that deliver business value.
- Guide research efforts to understand market needs and user pain points to inform product strategy and deliver solutions that meet customer needs.
- Leverage data and insights to influence new product development; define and track key performance metrics that measure success of products.
- Work with a scrum team of engineers - build a prioritized backlog, run agile ceremonies, and mitigate risks and blockers for the team.
- Keep stakeholders and customers informed of roadmap, milestones and risks.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of agile product management experience (or related experience).
- Established track record of delivering high-quality software products and consistently meeting milestones and business objectives.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Relentless user-centricity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for diverse audiences.
- A systematic and data-driven mindset.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional resilience.
- A bias for action and willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Experience with API development is a plus.
- E-commerce and retail/merchandising experience is a plus.
- Inventory and catalog management experience is a plus.
- Start-up experience is a plus.
Reports to: Director of Product, Fulfillment
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $104,147 - $173,578.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.