Manager, Merchant Success
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Manager, Merchant Success
Location: Remote - India
The Manager of Merchant Success will be responsible for the success and growth of ShipBob’s most strategic customer accounts. This role will manage and develop a team of Merchant Success Specialists tasked with driving retention and expansion across our growing base of customers. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record in full lifecycle success management, with an emphasis on driving engagement, adoption, and advocacy. You will perform live-call coaching, handle escalations, drive team member growth and development, and champion the customer experience. Additionally, this person will manage the team to create strategic account plans & QBRs and help the team expand and build new relationships with executive stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage a team of Merchant Success Specialists and be responsible for driving key targets including merchant growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Coach the team to create exceptional experiences that drive value and ROI for ShipBob’s customers, achieving both portfolio and individual development goals.
- Set clear goals and expectations and dedicate yourself to helping the Merchant Success Specialists hit them.
- Hold regular 1:1’s to develop account-based strategies to ensure successful revenue target attainment.
- Seek deep understanding of customer pain points and issues, and champion solutions throughout the organization.
- Personally manage escalations for your direct reports and coach Merchant Success Specialists on how they can handle escalations more effectively.
- Work with Merchant Success Specialists on credit escalations and make final decisions on credit amounts or whether they should be applied.
- Develop a deep understanding of ShipBob’s products, our industry and how our solutions drive value and ROI for customers.
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing ShipBob customers, owning the net retention rate of your customer base.
- Push key initiatives for margin health with your team.
- Other duties/responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Ability to coach, support, and develop talented Success Specialists.
- Ability to inspire Merchant Success Specialists to expand and build new relationships with senior business owners and executive stakeholders.
- Promote a customer-centric culture focused on mitigating risk and driving positive revenue outcomes.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Merchant Success
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Term & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.