Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Accounts Payable to fill a position on our continually growing accounting team. The position will report to the US Controller. This person will manage the entire Accounts Payable (AP) function for ShipBob, Inc. This is a managerial position and will manage the entire AP Function with 6-8 employees. ShipBob has expanded globally, and this position would be overseeing the AP function for all the countries.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership to the accounts payable function for all the geographies.
- Review day-to-day accounts payable activities for required accuracy & speed.
- Design and implement effective accounts payable policies, procedures and controls around the sub-processes e.g., Invoice processing, vendor queries, vendor setups, exception resolution, vendor reconciliations, payment proposal, T&E and others as necessary.
- Manage various reviews with management including various operational KPIs and SLA metrics.
- Guide implementation of P2P Software and build various related policy documents and policies.
- Develop and train the overall AP team.
- Responsible for partnering with various stakeholders like R2R, FP&A, Tax and others to implement and improve various processes and controls.
- Ensuring accurate accounting, reporting, monthly closure of books.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting will be preferred.
- Overall 10+ years of experience with at least 6-8 years in AP.
- Established experience in an AP Managerial position.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience in Software Implementation will be preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology.
- Must be flexible, conscientious, adapt easily, and be motivated by constant change.
- Ability to work well with a multicultural team.
- Clear and precise communication skills.
- Logical, systematic thinking with a process improvement/automation focus.
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask.
- Experience with NetSuite and SAP Concur preferred but not mandatory.
Reports to: US Controller
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $107,704- $179,506.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.