Operations Manager, Fulfillment Operations
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Operations Manager, Fulfillment Operations
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
We are looking for a dedicated Operations Manager, Fulfillment Operations to join the leadership team in our Moreno Valley, CA innovation Center. You will be responsible for managing staff, fostering a positive work environment, ensuring customer satisfaction and proper departmental operation. You will have a hands-on approach and be committed to the expansion & success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable the company to hit revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
- Direct several operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, and recruiting.
- Ensure that we meet and exceed our merchant’s expectations.
- Manage performance KPIs, identify and track key metrics and plan continuous improvement efforts for your facility.
- Use data driven reports and analyses to identify avenues for continuous improvement and propose solutions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Hire, train, coach and motivate team members in your facility; you will be responsible for setting the team’s goals and managing them.
- Establish, follow and enforce safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements.
- Share knowledge with other locations and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of leadership experience.
- Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, General Management or a related field, preferred.
- Established track record of taking ownership and delivering results.
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma.
Reports to: District Manager, Fulfillment Operations
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $59,770 - $90,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.