Software Development Engineer in Test II
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Software Development Engineer in Test II (SDET II)
As an SDET II, you will be the subject matter expert for quality engineering practices at ShipBob. You will develop automated tests, features and integrate these tests into the deployment pipeline. You will identify risks, document automated test coverage and work towards a fully tested platform. You will be part of a quality automation team that is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting tools to enhance the capabilities of quality efforts for teams developing ShipBob’s platform, which is responsible for logic and messaging that helps run ecommerce fulfillment for thousands of businesses. You will work with developers and DevOps engineers to help identify and create ways to shorten the feedback loop within our development cycle. An SDET is the subject matter expert within the organization for identifying gaps in automated testing efforts and developing solutions to support those testing efforts. An SDET has good written and verbal communication skills and is able to interface efficiently with all of the development team and support groups in working independently with minimal oversight. An SDET exhibits quick learning abilities in picking up and mastering new concepts.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, implement test cases and features.
- Develop and execute automated end-to-end, performance, and load testing.
- Identify opportunities and testability challenges within our test suites.
- Report bugs and errors to development teams.
- Identify and correct issues within automated testing, including, but not limited to flaky tests, long execution times, and bad test data.
- Recommend improvements to all phases of the application development lifecycle.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 1-5 years of automated software testing experience.
- Established experience with object-oriented programming languages such as C# or Java.
- Experience in testing both frontend features and backend features. Experience with API and database testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Systematic mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- BE / BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Reports to: Director, Software Development
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.