Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is looking for a corporate Paralegal to join our busy legal team working out of our Seattle headquarters (hybrid work schedule). We are seeking a highly motivated corporate Paralegal with corporate and securities experience to join the growing team at Rover. The position will report directly to our Senior Counsel, Securities. Public company experience is required. In addition, you are resourceful, curious, and passionate about getting things right, while also maintaining flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with administration of the company’s insider trading policies, preclearance lists, trading windows, and other corporate governance policies and procedures
- Support in-house Securities counsel with SEC filings (including Section 13 and 16 filings, Form 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, and registration statements), Nasdaq submissions, and obtaining EDGAR codes
- Provide support on special projects (e.g. debt and equity financings, M&A, strategic investments); coordinate and manage electronic data rooms for due diligence; organize, distribute, and file transaction and other corporate documents
- Assist with other organizational and corporate projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of paralegal experience (law firm or in-house)
- Experience with securities filings requirements and practices
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong track record of initiative and problem-solving
- Solid organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and internal partner relations skills
- Exemplary record of trust, integrity, and confidentiality
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Corporate entity management experience
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following: Morgan Stanley at Work Shareworks, Workiva, Google Workspace/G Suite, Navex Ethicspoint and AuditBoard
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $77,001-99,235. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.