Senior Business Analyst - Marketing Analytics
Marketing & Communications, IT, Data Science
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
The Marketing Analytics team supports the company’s marketing efforts, while also working with teams throughout the organization. The analytics team is responsible for a number of business-critical reports and data models that our global marketing teams rely on for daily reporting, budgeting, and analysis. We measure marketing attribution to understand how people become Rover customers, provide campaign reporting to monitor trends in cost efficiency and optimization, deliver CRM data to action against a variety of customer behaviors, and narrate the business to identify and prioritize new opportunities.
We are specifically looking for a Senior Business Analyst to single-handedly support our Customer Retention Marketing and Blog programs, which have touch points with 5-6 million unique users monthly. This analyst will act as a trusted thought partner to marketing stakeholders with a focus on overhauling data infrastructure, driving measurable outcomes, optimizing our brand content strategy, and scaling cross-sell programs across our many customer engagement channels. They will also bring substantial analytical experience to help up-level their domains as well as other domains within marketing analytics.
- Build the CRM data infrastructure from the ground up – defining our measurement strategy (A/B tests, rotating holdouts, etc.), building conversion-based datasets for near-real-time customer interactions, and facilitating an expansion into push notifications and paid reactivation campaigns
- Partner with our global brand team to optimize our brand content across multiple channels, including email, blog, and organic channels.
- Lead the cross-sell analytical functions for our email and blog programs, expanding the reach of our brand voice to new target audiences.
- Level up the entire analytics organization by improving statistical rigor, experimentation throughput, modeling expertise, and mentoring less senior analysts on the team
- At least 6 years experience working cross-functionally with complex datasets to support organizational decision making.
- Fluency in SQL. You would feel confident reviewing code produced by other analysts and data scientists, as well as assisting non-technical colleagues with their reports in an office hours setting.
- Hands-on experience running A/B tests as well as expertise in statistical analysis
- Substantial experience processing large data sets at scale. This could include languages like Python or R, as well as frameworks like Spark, Hive, or dbt.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to narrate models and results to business partners in a useful, concise, and meaningful way.
- Experience working with cross-functional business partners to define business problems, scope project deliverables/timelines, implement reporting solutions, and frame organizational strategy.
- You prioritize your work on impact to the business and can gracefully push back on stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Two-sided marketplace and/or marketing analytics experience
- Understanding of digital touchpoints and measurement mechanisms
- Marketing analytics with a focus on customer lifecycle marketing
- Experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, EMR)
- Understanding of modeling techniques, such as linear regressions, causal impact models, and bootstrapping. You know the trade-offs of each of these models and can propose the right model for the test at hand
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Equity (RSUs)
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.