Corporate Counsel I
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is looking for a Corporate Counsel I to join our busy legal team working out of our Seattle headquarters (hybrid work schedule). In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support to several business units in the areas of contract negotiation, marketing and promotions, e-commerce and trademarks and copyrights, as well as for internal legal team administrative and operations projects. Our successful candidate will be a licensed attorney (or license pending) in Washington State with substantial experience negotiating contracts and a working knowledge of copyright, trademark and consumer protection law. Intellectual curiosity and the willingness to roll up one’s sleeves in order to tackle a variety of projects are a must. This is a great opportunity to obtain a broad overview of practicing law in-house.
- Draft, review, and revise contracts, including business development agreements, marketing and promotional agreements and vendor agreements as needed
- Review marketing materials and assist in structuring promotions, offers and other online terms
- Supporting copyright and trademark strategy
- Assist senior in-house attorneys with other legal matters as needed, including legal research
- Take on departmental projects in the area of legal operations and administration, as requested
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- Licensed (or license pending) attorney in Washington State
- 3 - 5 years of legal practice (law firm or in-house)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Voracious learner who can integrate knowledge with practice
- Exceptional judgment and personal integrity
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $118,476 - $152,686. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.