Staff Software Engineer, Resware
At Qualia, we've built the leading B2B real estate technology that transforms the home buying and selling experience into a simple, secure, and enjoyable process. Our SMB and Enterprise products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem---homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents---onto a single shared digital closing platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, through our business customers across the country, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
We are hiring skilled software engineers interested in being a part of our Resware engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious craftspeople who like teamwork, but are also comfortable with independent projects. You’ll have a lot of autonomy to bring your best ideas to the table, and work on modernizing our applications with ideas you’ve mastered the hard way through your past successes and failures. We are building out modern REST APIs and introducing LLMs to our products, and converting our WinForms applications to WPF to provide more modern user experiences for tens of thousands of users.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of getting it done. You are comfortable taking full responsibility for complex, high-liability projects where the impact of the quality of your work matters. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support for less experienced developers. You've thrived in many different environments and realize that each team is unique.
- Your work will focus on building, modernizing, and simplifying our Windows desktop and server technologies, both front- and back-end.
- We are investing heavily in modernizing our tech stack, so we need developers who know what good looks like, especially when it comes to modern application architectures.
- You’ll work on diverse software integrations, payment-processing systems, and other new features.
- Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests.
- We aim to empower all our engineers to get them involved in making the product as good as it can be.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- We are looking for strong full-stack engineers and app developers with 8+ years of experience, preferably with object oriented languages like C#/Java.
- We value engineers who have good product sense, attention to detail, and passion for the impact of the software they build.
- We also value engineers who truly care – who care about the quality of their work, their teammates, clients, support and sales staff. We look for engineers who are always willing to help.
- You have made key architectural decisions for large projects, and can discuss architectural patterns with leadership and train junior engineers on them.
- You have designed APIs and optimized servers for high performance.
- You have mentored junior developers.
- You have led features and initiatives before in your engineering past.
- You have worked on multiple engineering teams, both small and large.
- This may be either a remote, full or partial in-office opportunity just outside of Boulder, CO, but we ask that candidates can work mostly in the Mountain Time Zone to best overlap with the majority of the team.
California and Colorado Applicants: This role has a base annual salary of $175,000-$185,000 plus a competitive equity and benefits package. (Salary to be determined by relevant experience, location, knowledge, and skills of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
THE TECH STACK YOU'LL USE
- .NET Framework 4.8 through to .NET Core/8
- WPF, WinForms and ASP.NET
- MS SQL Server
- Azure Cloud Services, Azure DevOps for all code and work tracking.
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.