Poshmark is seeking an energetic and motivated Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Accounting. This role is responsible for month-end close, consolidation, financial reporting, system administration and ad hoc projects. We are in search of a talented and motivated individual who is excited by the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects within the Accounting department and excels in working in a fast paced environment. To be successful in this role, this individual should exhibit passion for the role, be able to multi-task, exercise good judgment and be a change agent. This role may require you to work flexible hours at times collaborating with accounting teams in India and Korea.
- Assist with global consolidation that includes intercompany reconciliation and ensuring consolidation entries are accurate
- Assist with financial reporting to our parent company
- Own the financial fluctuation analysis process: distributing financial reports, ensuring the completion of the flux review, and reviewing explanations of material changes
- Assist with month-end close process, including but not limited to the Internally Developed Software process
- Perform regulatory filings such as franchise tax, business licenses, etc. timely and accurately
- Assist with Netsuite implementation, including testing and other support
- Administer system related requests such as Floqast, Bill.com, Netsuite
- Maintain the General Ledger chart of accounts and segment structure
- Ensure SOX compliance for accounting processes, as relevant
- Participate in year-end financial audit, as relevant
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Obtain understanding and knowledge of business operations, accounting processes and procedures, and company policies
- Demonstrate proficiency with company’s systems and accounting operations, with emphasis on Netsuite
- Efficiently own and streamline the financial reporting process
- Support and execute accounting ad hoc projects
- Proficiency in building relationships with stakeholders
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Mastery of the 6-month accomplishments
- Mastery of thorough understanding of the transaction cycles and accounting treatments that impacts areas of responsibilities
- Expert in the monthly/quarterly close and reporting packages
- Proficiency in building efficiencies and improvements in accounting processes, procedures, and systems
- Building strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Prioritizing effectively, meeting deadlines, working with others, and following through to execute all tasks
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting, CPA a plus
- 3+ years of accounting experience, public accounting a plus
- Public company or large company experience a plus
- Working knowledge of consolidation and financial reporting
- Experience with Netsuite or equivalent ERP
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication
- Multi-tasker, problem solver and succeeds in a fast-paced, growth environment
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.