Senior UI/UX Designer
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2023
Who You Are:
You are a highly motivated individual looking to have an immediate impact on the systems, processes and technology of markets that are often called the engine of the US economy. You are a mid to senior level professional, and are excited to join an experienced team of leaders that value excellence, independent thinking, teamwork and curiosity to create value for our customers. You are eager to play an essential role in design for Polly, and helping us shape the future of mortgage capital markets.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today & let’s start the conversation!
- Estimated 7+ years experience working in product design, or equivalent experience.
- You are looking to work within a small yet strong team of designers who value collaboration, critical thinking, and excellence.
- Bonus: Experience in mortgage capital markets.
Your approach to UI design:
- You seek validation for the assumptions you’re aware of having. You ask stakeholders non-leading questions in search of a closer understanding of the truth
- You make data driven design decisions, and are excited to work within the special snowflake requirements of our users
- You are an expert in Figma, with specific emphasis on design system creation and component management at scale
- You enjoy the challenge of designing at scale, with platform-level shared UI components
- You have an excellent mind for QA - you will be the owner of the platform’s UI components and their evolving requirements documentation, and implementation throughout multiple Polly products
- You know frontend development well enough to speak with developers about best practices
- You have a solid understanding of American English (good grammar, creative and accurate copywriting skills, etc)
- You can operate independently, with very little guidance
Your approach to UX design:
- You enjoy designing both complex and simple features
- You value clean and accurate IA (Information Architecture)
- You make few assumptions about what qualifies as success
- You enjoy user research, data-driven design, psychology, and can even enjoy the nerdy mortgage industry
- You think first think outside of the box and can then scope design suggestions for practicality
- You do not let a design system limit your creativity. You inform the design system
- You work to solve the problem long term, rather than find a quick short term solution
Why Join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- You will have an impact on the design, architecture and implementation of markets that are often called the engine of US economy
- We value drive for excellence, independent thinking, teamwork and curiosity
- You will work with both government backed and industry leading companies to create a digital pipeline that facilitates real time trading of loans
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote environment
Let’s get to know each other.
Polly is transforming the mortgage industry with its modern, data-driven capital markets ecosystem. Banks, credit unions, and mortgage lenders nationwide trust Polly’s revolutionary Product and Pricing Engine (PPE), Loan Trading Exchange, and actionable data and analytics to automate and optimize the entire capital markets value chain, helping their secondary teams operate faster, smarter, and more profitably. Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To learn more, follow Polly on LinkedIn or visit www.polly.io. Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.