Pliant Therapeutics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic diseases. As the leader in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of fibrotic diseases, Pliant is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically designed to impact the fibrotic process.
The Company’s lead product candidate, bexotegrast (PLN-74809), is an oral small molecule, selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Bexotegrast has received Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and Orphan Drug Designation from the European Medicines Agency in IPF and PSC. Pliant is currently conducting BEACON-IPF, a Phase 2b trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of IPF and INTEGRIS-PSC, a Phase 2a trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of PSC.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is conducting a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
Pliant Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, full-time Executive Assistant to join our team.
- Do you enjoy being an Executive’s righthand person?
- Are you an Outlook scheduling wizard?
- Are you generally two-steps ahead of everyone else when it comes to planning meetings and events?
The ideal candidate is highly personable, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has great attention to detail, possesses strong organization and communication skills, and can handle multiple priorities and projects all at once. The Executive Assistant will report to the Chief of Staff who currently oversees the Executive Operations & Administrative Team at Pliant. This role will primarily support our Chief Development Officer and Pliant’s Development Organization.
- Actively manage multiple executives’ calendars and schedules. There will be a high volume of meeting requests that will typically require cross-functional participation.
- Proactively resolve scheduling conflicts and competing demands, while ensuring timely follow-up where needed.
- As the Executive Assistant, you will be required to wrangle many schedules, across multiple time zones, while ensuring executives are prioritizing meetings effectively. All scheduling requests will need to be handled in a timely manner.
- Prepare for meetings, which may include creating and sharing agendas, create PowerPoint presentations, help with meeting minutes and archiving of meeting files, if needed for group meetings.
- Manage and book all aspects of travel for executives, including flights, hotels, transportation, and travel expenses.
- Collaborate with Medical Conference Planning Teams and Investigators/KOLs Meeting Planning Teams to ensure all logistics for attending team members are handled appropriately.
- Serve as go-to person on all administrative tasks to support the Development Organization.
- Design, organize, and execute on team events and team offsites regularly.
- Provide office management support as needed, including welcoming visitors and ensuring conference rooms are presentable before scheduled meetings take place.
- Support the Chief of Staff and the Executive Operations team on various internal and external events.
- Collaborate with Administrative/Executive Operations team to ensure consistency, alignment and provide coverage for other team members, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or executive assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with c-suite and/or high-level executives.
- Experience in biotech, finance, legal, or a highly regulated industry preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality on certain matters is of utmost importance.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and especially Outlook).
- Proficient in operation of office equipment, AV systems, and virtual meeting platforms, especially Zoom.
- Exceptional time management, planning, problem-solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. You will be required to continuously shift focus and priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, directed, and able to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
- Must be a highly motivated individual; no job is too big or too small. “See it, fix it” mentality.
- Strong EQ and sound judgment and a keen ability to see around the corner.
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $115,000 - $125,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.