Senior Research Associate I, Analytical Chemistry
Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. The company recently reported positive data from its Phase 2a trial in IPF and is currently ramping up activities in preparation for a late-stage clinical trial at worldwide sites.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is initiating a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual with a strong background in analytical chemistry to join our chemistry team in the pursuit of novel small molecules to treat fibrotic disease. The Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Chemistry is responsible for independently performing routine and non-routine analytical testing of novel chemical entities in our state-of-the-art analytical lab. The successful candidate will have familiarity with multiple analytical techniques critical for the purification and identification of novel chemical entities and have strong problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated experience with chromatographic purification and compound characterization
- Operate and maintain analytical laboratory equipment including UPLC-MS, HPLC, and mass-directed purification systems
- Implement and contribute to the development of analytical and purification methods as required for high throughput chemistry libraries
- Conduct in-vitro ADME assays for permeability
- Provide regular progress updates to the chemistry team
- Maintain an accurate and detailed electronic lab notebook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- BS/MS in chemistry or related field with 4+ years of relevant experience in analytical chemistry
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and perceptive mechanical problem-solving ability
- Experience with small molecule purification equipment and procedures using UV and/or MS-directed prep-HPLC. NMR experience is a plus.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $105,000 - $113,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.