If you’re excited about:
- Combining analytical and creative skills to make a measurable business impact.
- Making a huge impact at a fast-growing company and product category.
- Working in the exciting and fast-moving AI/ML space.
- Collaborating with world-class people in different teams who value clarity, creativity, passion, initiative, and thoughtfulness.
Then this is your opportunity to join a category-defining, fast-growing (in a healthy way), and well-funded startup to shape the course of an entire industry.
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search and Generative AI applications. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of developers who are eager to learn and build with our product.
As a Growth Marketer at Pinecone, you will apply your analytical and creative problem-solving skills to help engineers discover, explore, and build with vector databases — a fast-growing product category at the intersection of AI and data infrastructure. Our growth has come almost entirely from inbound interest, so you will make an immediate and measurable impact. You will report to the VP of Marketing and collaborate with the most technical marketing team you’ve ever seen.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Ability to build and scale growth marketing programs targeted at developers.
- Curiosity and courage to ask “what if?” and question all assumptions.
- Both an analytical and creative approach to driving traffic and maximizing conversions.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and loosely structured (startup) environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Burning desire to make a measurable impact on growth.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills to successfully work with other teams to test and implement changes.
If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
Pinecone is a distributed team with offices in New York, Tel Aviv, and (coming soon) San Francisco. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding in 2022 and $100M Series B funding led by Andreessen Horowitz in 2023.
- Drive web traffic to Pinecone using a mix of paid and organic channels.
- Convert web visitors into signups or sales leads by optimizing and expanding our website. You will own the website as a product, in partnership with a Growth Engineer and Brand Designer.
- Nurture email subscribers into signups or sales leads with email marketing and lifecycle emails.
- Build out marketing analytics to inform and evaluate Growth Marketing and other marketing programs, primarily using Heap and HubSpot.
Make an impact: Think big, move fast, be flexible, take an experimental approach, and do what it takes to move the needle on funnel metrics. You will find opportunities in areas that don’t fit neatly into the above options; we want you to take them.
- 3+ years of growth marketing experience
- Track record of building and/or scaling successful and efficient growth marketing programs including paid, organic, and email.
- Bachelor's degree
- Startup experience
- Located in New York or San Francisco
- (Preferred) Experience at a data/infrastructure, AI/ML, or developer-tools company.
- (Preferred) Experience owning the company website or a significant portion of it.
- Proficient with HubSpot marketing platform, Heap Analytics or similar analytics tool, Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads