Solutions Engineer - SF
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search systems. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of ML engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and technical architects who are eager to learn and build with our product.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for individuals who are accustomed to solving the enterprise market’s most complex problems. In this role you will work directly with the sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
As a Pinecone Sales Engineer you must share our passion about reinventing the Data Cloud space, thrive in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with officials and talking shop with technical audiences.
- Present Pinecone technology and vision to officials and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Pinecone technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Pinecone in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and Marketing to continuously improve Pinecone’s products and marketing
- 5-7 years of enterprise experience with a minimum of 3 within a pre-sales environment
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and cloud technologies
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Pinecone’s solutions
- Broad knowledge of cloud platforms; AWS, Azure & GCP is preferred
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields or equivalent experience preferred
Pinecone is a distributed team with clusters in New York, Tel Aviv, and San Francisco. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding in announced in March 2022 and $100M Series B funding in April 2023.