Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
As one of the first members of the Ophelia team that a patient will interact with, our Care Coordinators are integral to creating a best-in-class patient experience that supports Ophelia's ability to grow and achieve our mission.
Care Coordinators work directly with patients to take care of a wide variety of non-clinical needs, as well as collaborating with clinicians to ensure patients are safe and delighted with their care.
In this role, you will be responsible for following defined processes and protocols that ensure our patients receive consistent, high quality care. You will engage directly with Ophelia patients providing support across a wide range of areas including successfully filling pharmacy prescriptions, obtaining prior authorizations from a patient's health insurance plan, rescheduling an upcoming visit with a member of the Ophelia clinical team, collecting required documentation to allow members of Ophelia's clinical team to coordinate care with other health care providers the patient is seeing outside of Ophelia and providing quality referrals.
To be successful in this role you must become proficient in various technology platforms and channels of communication that Ophelia team members use to both provide support to our patients and to partner with cross-functional teams on improving processes and workflows. This role reports to the Lead Care Coordinator.
Note: we are looking for candidates who have the flexibility to work either 11am-7pm Eastern Time or one to two weekend days (example: Tues - Saturday)
In this role, you will:
- Practice active listening, empathy, and solution-focused approaches to collaboratively engage with patients seeking support on a wide range of issues
- Use effective written skills to complete professional documentation and to interact with patients, clinicians and external stakeholders through various communication channels
- Prioritize effectively across multiple channels: switching between calls, messages, meetings, texts, and Slack to deliver patient-centered care
- Follow care team protocols and utilize good judgment to identify barriers or disruptions to care and use appropriate strategies to overcome those barriers
- Interact and problem-solve with multi-disciplinary teams such as Enrollment Coordinators, Financial Counselors, Clinicians and Tech team to ensure a safe and excellent patient experience
- Resolve issues related to prescriptions and insurance/pharmacy authorizations
- Follow Ophelia's policies and maintain all confidentiality, compliance, and ethical standards
- Work autonomously and as part of a team within established procedures and practices
- Consistently practice our cultural values: champion our patients, communicate with kindness, learn and share freely, and get results
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience delivering outstanding patient experience or customer support, ideally at a consumer-focused healthcare company
- Experience de-escalating highly emotional conversations and communicating with empathy and respect to vulnerable patient populations
- A collaborative mindset and ability to build rapport in a remote first work environment
- The ability to remain calm and composed under pressure; experience in a fast-paced, frequently changing start-up environment a plus
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail: experience maintaining patient records and accuracy in responses
- High integrity, honesty, ability to build trust and maintain a strong sense of accountability
- A bias for action and getting things done: proactively taking on work without prompting, swiftly implement solutions, and achieving results efficiently and effectively
- Tech-savvy: you must be comfortable using various computer platforms and navigating new systems, and efficient in tech-related tasks
- Experience solving problems that do not have clear or obvious solutions
Interested in learning more about Ophelia and this role? Apply below!