Senior Software Engineer (SDK & CLI)
About the Team:
As a Software Engineer at Netlify on the Composable Tooling team, you'll work with a smart, collaborative and humble set of team members who are very motivated to keep learning and continuing to grow each other in a supportive way. You will be contributing to open source projects such as Netlify’s SDK and CLI. We work to create powerful, user-friendly tools for our users to integrate with Netlify. With our team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the organization’s decision-making process by providing insights, data, and creative solutions to create a world class developer experience. If you are passionate about simplifying complex problems for developers and want to play a key role in advancing Netlify's SDK and CLI, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Do:
- Consistently deliver against project milestones, contributing to the development and enhancement of the SDK and CLI products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external open source contributors to ensure seamless integration and functionality.
- Participate in both front-end and back-end development activities, aligning with quarterly priorities.
- Clearly explain technical concepts and requirements to stakeholders and team members, ensuring a shared understanding of upcoming features and changes.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional peers, including Product Managers, Designers, Technical Writers, and Support Engineers to broaden your connections across the organization and enable significant organizational impact.
- Join the on-call rotation and help the team pay down technical debt and improve reliability.
- Actively contribute to ideation and planning of future product directions in collaboration with the product team.
- Drive execution on initiatives that advance the SDK and CLI projects, elevating the developer experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other engineers and teammates in your product team, and support your team through thoughtful feedback.
- Continually improving our engineering standards through code reviews, advocating for continuous improvement within our code base, and making a meaningful impact on Netlify’s engineering practice and tooling
What You'll Bring:
- Familiarity with Go is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both in technical explanation and sharing of work, with a passion for teaching and helping others learn.
- Proactive and solution-oriented mindset, with a bias for action.
- Experience in front-end and back-end development; React experience is beneficial but not strictly required.
- A deep appreciation for open source collaboration and a history of building open source projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and a commitment to advancing the developer experience.
- An appetite for learning and a strong sense of creativity.
- An extensive history of delivering product features & deploying services with a high level of comfort iterating on a system with a large user base.
- Familiarity with build systems, CI, and metrics.
- Demonstrated pattern of delivering high-quality, performant code with a strong appetite for learning
- Curiosity and openness to learning new technologies and best practices
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment, where you enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise working across distributed locations around the world and a deep appreciation for documentation and asynchronous communication practices.
- The ability to thrive in an environment where experimentation and failure are celebrated.
- We welcome remote candidates based in US, Canada, or the United Kingdom.
- Comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving. At Netlify, we’re always iterating, learning, and growing and we’re looking for team members who thrive in that environment.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include:
A resume or short listing of your job history & skills (link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We appreciate a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role at Netlify to get to know you a bit better, though this is not required and will not impact your application. Our mission is to “build a better web” and that cannot be done without a diversity of skill sets, backgrounds and thoughts.
At Netlify, we’re on a mission to build a better web by making it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications. We are a Series D company with a $2B valuation and have raised over $200M from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT, Bessemer, BOND and Menlo Ventures. As a globally distributed organization, we aim to create a company culture where the best idea can come from anywhere and strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our About page.
At Netlify, we are committed to equal pay for equal work. Netlify anchors our compensation philosophy on a market-based approach, therefore salary ranges may differ depending on the cost of labor in a particular location. Our base compensation for this role is targeted at $141,000 - $191,000 for most US-based locations. Candidates based outside of the US or in premium markets such as New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Seattle, and Austin should consult with their Talent Acquisition partner regarding location-based ranges, as it may be higher or lower than the average US range listed. The starting pay will be determined based on multiple factors, including expertise and skills, market demands, experience, internal equity, and applicable geographic location. The salary provided is in addition to robust benefits and participation in Netlify’s equity plan. These compensation packages and ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your Talent Acquisition partner will be available to answer any questions during the hiring process.