Senior Engineering Manager
We are looking for a senior engineering manager (or director role for the right candidate) to lead CCM - both the tech and team. The team will have about 16-18 engineers overall across the locations. The right fit for this role would be someone with a backend dev experience on Java and who is very hands on application architecture and has proven experience with scaling a SaaS application and ideally from a SaaS platform company. High energy, passion for startups, knows how to operate effectively in unstructured environments, willingness to deal with unknowns, make commitments and create outcomes and someone the team can look up to.
About the role
- 3+ years experience of leading a high caliber engineering team in a technical and people leadership role.
- 5 years of experience developing SaaS applications, in backend (Java/Go) developer roles. A builder by heart.
- Track record of assembling high-functioning organization
- Experience working with teams and customers across timezones
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Take full ownership of the complete tech stack, overseeing the architecture, development, deployment, sustainability, and operation of the application in a production environment.
- Assess code generated by fellow engineers, offering constructive feedback to uphold best practices, including adherence to style guidelines, code check-ins, accuracy, testability, and efficiency. Shape the mid-term technical vision and roadmap for your team(s), often managing multiple teams. Adapt the roadmap to align with anticipated future demands and infrastructure requirements.
- Lead the design, validation, and evaluation of system designs within the broader domain, and contribute by writing code for product or system development to address complex challenges.
Bangalore. The successful candidate will be expected to be in the Bangalore office 3x / week.
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.