Director, Product Management
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Harness SEI helps users identify bottlenecks in their SDLC process, fine tune developer productivity and improve developer experience. The product management leader in this role will be responsible for forging the roadmap for Harness’ Software Engineering Insights (SEI) 2.0. The SEI team is a startup within Harness, you will work with a small team and propel various aspects of the SEI business. As the Software Engineering Insights Product Management Leader, you will be at the forefront of shaping the future of Harness.io, collaborating closely with stakeholders to drive innovation, prioritize customer satisfaction
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Own the "whole" product experience of Harness SEI
- Building trust and credibility as a respected leader by actively collaborating with existing Harness customers and internal teams alike. Apply these insights to drive customer value in the space of Engineering Excellence
- Actively participate in the prioritization of customer requirements within the Engineering Excellence domain. Facilitate product adoption that in turn, drives organizational change in our customers.
- Continuously review SEI and product telemetry to quantify progress towards KPI goals and prioritize the roadmap accordingly.
- Create onboarding content by understanding user needs and the competitive landscape. Author and own a compelling adoption strategy in concert with your cross functional peers.
- Work directly with our customers and prospective customers Engineering leadership and economic buyers to prove value.
- You are an experienced Analytics engineer / product manager / product owner who loves to educate developers and leaders on modern software delivery
- You have a deep understanding of how engineering teams work.
- You find it natural to tell stories with metrics and BI driven insights
- You are able to think strategically about change management and transformation
- You are able to think big while charting small steps towards the end goal
- You are obsessed with customer research
- You can bring qualitative and quantitative insights together to drive sound decision making
- You are obsessed with the little details and constantly optimizing for simplicity and user experience
- Your communication style is particularly compelling in a technical setting
- You exhibit a commanding executive presence
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics or workflow tooling
- 3+ years of experience in BI, Analytics or workflow tools product management
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Strong track record of successful leading growth for enterprise SaaS products
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong background in both inbound and outbound product management
- Demonstrable experience taking developer facing products from 1-10 and beyond as a leader
- Prior experience building both products and product management teams
- Bonus points if you’ve been a part of a successful startup as a leader in product
The successful candidate will be expected to be in our Mountain View office 3x / week.
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.