Developer Relations Engineer
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
As a developer tooling product, the documentation is the beginning of the customer journey for IaCM users. We are looking for a technical writer who is interested in owning the documentation - including release notes, new feature tutorials, and constant improvement based on customer feedback and data - as well as in branching out to help support the user’s journey with sample code, video tutorials and more. These assets are critical to help users be able to self-activate seamlessly and feel empowered that they can find all the answers to their product questions easily and quickly.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage semi-daily release notes for all changes to the product
- Work directly with engineering and product management to document new features
- Review customer calls, support tickets and other sources of data to help drive proactive improvements to the documentation
- Willingness to expand to produce video content, code samples, public-facing blogs and other types of technically-focused, consumer-facing communication
- 1+ years as a technical writer for a technical, software solution or 1+ years as a software engineer with an interest in technical writing
- Comfortable with pull requests, Git, and markdown
- Willing to work directly with engineers and navigate complex technical topics - you don’t need to be the expert, but you need to be comfortable navigating the unknown
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment based on the needs of internal teams and customers.
- Ability to work asynchronously and remotely with teams in other locations
- Even better if you have:
- Experience with CI/CD technologies & tools
- Experience working with, being or writing for developers
- Experience with Zendesk and/or Confluence
Onsite at least 3 days a week in our Belfast office.
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.